• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mike Wiring

barefootindian

Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2012
Leinster Ireland
Hi all, I'm considering a change of mike from the stock mike on the Anytone 5555 and as it has a live wire I dont know which mike I should get in its place. There's no urgency, it's just that I find it to be too small for comfort. I'd prefare a bigger chunkier one that I can get a good grip on. Its just the mike wiring that I'm a wee bit nervous about.Would the 4th wire and pin at the plug end have to be disconnected or are there other mikes that have the 4th pin live as well. Would the live wire be the wire for current to flow to enable the up/down chanell buttons at the top of the mike to work.All help is appreciated Thanks.

Radio plug:
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/anytone/at_5555/graphics/br9000_mic-v3.pdf
Mic plug:
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/anytone/at_5555/graphics/br9000_ptt_v3.pdf

Looks like pin 4 is that hot wire that you want to make sure you don't ground out (channel selector)! Pin 3 is the mic audio. Pin 2 looks like it is the push-to-talk switch. Pin 1 is the shield/ground. Maybe someone else can look at the above schematics and correct me if I am wrong.

Ever consider a desk mic over a hand held mic? This is the same radio that you are using with your loop antenna - right? I would consider getting either a D-104 or a Turner+3. I mean; if this is a base setup - right?

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi Robb, yeah your right its the same radio that the loop will be used with. It did cross my mind about using a desk mic but I'm also thinking about when I'm mobile. I'll check out some of the mobile mics available and decide which one that I'll get, I just think that the stock mic on this radio is too small. Thanks for the schemematics, cos that hot one could cause all sorts of problems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated