• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MikesRadioRepair Reviews Asymod iii HiFi Board

I'd be very interested in building one these boards for eSSB use in a 148 or 959.
But not willing to pay that ridiculous price for that board - as advertised. Although I will admit that it not only does wideband, but does HiFi - to boot. Impressive. . . .

I'd be very interested in building one these boards for eSSB use in a 148 or 959.
But not willing to pay that ridiculous price for that board - as advertised. Although I will admit that it not only does wideband, but does HiFi - to boot. Impressive. . . .
These boards have nothing to do with ESSB

I tried to send you a PM but got this;

rsydxx.jpg
rsydxx.jpg
no need mike...the refund thing..like it said just a heads up and i had my own caps on hand (he had to order kit as some i am currently low on stock on till after new year) ..all good bro

robs not getting it joe ..lol

rob you dont modulate the final in essb ..you modulate the balanced modulator in ssb

below is block diagram of galaxy 2547
the modulators that mmm and asymod use go directly to the final and totally bypass the audio path for am..ssb audio path does not modulate the final at all its done earlier in the tx chain ..thats why joe said you do not need those boards for essb/voodoo

essb/voodo is direct injection ...you can put a switch in to switch from either mode..a clever person would use a 4066 qaud switch ic or a relay or even a spare set of contacts on a mode switch to do it automatically when switching modes ..use the same rack gear

this can be done direct injection (only) or modulator board (for am) with auto ssb direct injection

yes he may have done it...not a new thing really
most likely at C149 in the likes of a dx2547 would be the place to look at which bypasses all tx audio frequency response in ssb mode
Untitled.gif

robs not getting it joe ..lol

rob you dont modulate the final in essb ..you modulate the balanced modulator in ssb

below is block diagram of galaxy 2547
the modulators that mmm and asymod use go directly to the final and totally bypass the audio path for am..ssb audio path does not modulate the final at all its done earlier in the tx chain ..thats why joe said you do not need those boards for essb/voodoo

essb/voodo is direct injection ...you can put a switch in to switch from either mode..a clear person would use a 4066 or a relay or even a spare set of contacts on a mode switch to do it automatically when switching modes ..use the same rack gear

this can be done direct injection (only) or modulator board (for am) with auto ssb direct injection

yes he may have done it...not a new thing really
most likely at C149 in the likes of a dx2547 would be the place to look at which bypasses all tx audio frequency response
View attachment 19922
I got it; got it yesterday. Some of the radios that he SELLS have eSSB. Just saying - is all. So the boards would need to have some switching in/out . . .

I got it; got it yesterday. Some of the radios that he SELLS have eSSB. Just saying - is all. So the boards would need to have some switching in/out . . .
OK Robb believe the guy who copied all his technical information direct from MMM. These board or any CB/expot will not transmit ESSB. Not saying that it isnt possible but im not sure you can even buy the wide filters.

You can bypass some caps and direct inject the balanced modulator but all that might give you a slightly flatter frequency response it will not transmit ESSB.

I repeat NONE of his radios transmit ESSB.

One exception: I hear the Stryker exports do transmit slightly wider than a normal CB/export from the factory.

yes and no..you could get away with using a pair of caps to spilt the path however some adjust ability in gain between am and ssb of the audio input would be something to look at maybe ?

not my thing rob..maybe you sparked some interest in my end on it now ..look out for a hifi yeti radio maybe?..prob not

Reactions: tecnicoloco
joe the stock filter in a dx2547 or even the styker 955 (the main 10.695 filter used on ssb) is 4.2khz wide at the -3db points(give or take) ... the 10.695m4d filter which comes in most 10695 if radios bar a few exceptions ..so fairly ok for a "mid fi" essb ..certainly wider than some of the guys i hear on 80m using stock 2.8khz ssb filters with heil mics with not bypassing of mic preamp/frequency responce circuits or direct injection and calling it "essb" thats for sure

https://www.radio-kits.co.uk/pic_a_star/10M4D/filter_10m4d.htm

response.jpg

yes and no..you could get away with using a pair of caps to spilt the path however some adjust ability in gain between am and ssb of the audio input would be something to look at maybe ?

not my thing rob..maybe you sparked some interest in my end on it now ..look out for a hifi yeti radio maybe?..prob not
Most radios have an 8v switched transistor just after the balanced modulator. You could feed your audio there and run the mauldulator board after that transistor. Or you could have it switch a relay?

joe the stock filter in a dx2547 or even the styker 955 (the main 10.695 filter used on ssb) is 4.2khz wide at the -3db points(give or take) ... the 10.695m4d filter which comes in most 10695 if radios bar a few exceptions ..so fairly ok for a "mid fi" essb ..certainly wider than some of the guys i hear on 80m using stock 2.8khz ssb filters with heil mics with not bypassing of mic preamp/frequency responce circuits or direct injection and calling it "essb" thats for sure

https://www.radio-kits.co.uk/pic_a_star/10M4D/filter_10m4d.htm

View attachment 19923
The Kiwi bringing the facts....lol I would be willing to bet even the "mid fi 4.2khz" rolls a lot of the low end frequency response out. Pretty good for a CB though thanks for posting that!

Most radios have an 8v switched transistor just after the balanced modulator. You could feed your audio there and run the mauldulator board after that transistor. Or you could have it switch a relay?

no not in the ssb tx path ..after the double sideband suppressed carrier leaves the balance modulator chip it goes to the IF path via the main filter depending on what mode its on (ssb) to remove the unwanted sideband product then on to the mixers and out to the driver ..no switched transistor between the B/L and the first filter in that chassis the audio and carrier mixing happens at the B/L.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
The Kiwi bringing the facts....lol I would be willing to bet even the "mid fi 4.2khz" rolls a lot of the low end frequency response out. Pretty good for a CB though thanks for posting that!

making your own 10.695mhz filters is not hard...look at that page and look at the bitex kit the hams use..for construction of multi pole filters ...select 2 pole filters and cascade to your liking ..all about the slope bro ...get your learn on but really 4khz on ssb is ok ..any wider and the ham bones will be jelly and your cber neighbours will be angry lol

of course guessing with out a sweep gen will lead to roads of ruin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.