• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mini Scout

May 20, 2019
When you key it up it will about key around 10 watts. But you hold it keyed a minute or less it will drop down a 2 or 3 watts. I tried 4 tubes same thing either the tubes are about the same shape. Could some thing else cause this. The caps been change several years ago. 238

Does your driver(radio) provide a consistent output over the minute or so it takes for the Scout to start losing dead key? Or to put it another way-Could it be your driver(radio) power cutting back after a minute? What is the SWR between your driver(radio) and the Scout?

David

Thad switched transmitters out. I took the GE out & put a MKll in line. I checked the MKll & it does drop a watt or two when you hold it keyed. I had not been running Scout & just put it in line. Thanks 238

Changed the driver tube 5763 & 6gh8 out. I believe the driver was the problem. I will run it tonight an see it goes. 238

Reactions: Dmans

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.