• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mirage MX 86 HP....

I'm not 100 percent but I believe they stopped producing them because Chip with Ranger went on to do other things and the Mirage line was his baby. The AM only brother's the mx-36hp went on and evolved into the 36hp2 which was had some upgrades done to is like getting rid of the echip to convert, getting a real channel selector instead of those cheesy encoder and a much cleaner receive. Good solid reliable black box radios from what I've witnessed and they tune up nice too. I'd have been nice to see the 86 evolves to a v2 but shoot even the 36 is gone now. It seems like the ones that turn out to be decent rigs get axed for some reason or another. Despite what many say, bad opinions are just bad opinions and if you like your rig and it does what you want it to do then that's what matters. Enjoy your 86 brother!

I'm not 100 percent but I believe they stopped producing them because Chip with Ranger went on to do other things and the Mirage line was his baby. The AM only brother's the mx-36hp went on and evolved into the 36hp2 which was had some upgrades done to is like getting rid of the echip to convert, getting a real channel selector instead of those cheesy encoder and a much cleaner receive. Good solid reliable black box radios from what I've witnessed and they tune up nice too. I'd have been nice to see the 86 evolves to a v2 but shoot even the 36 is gone now. It seems like the ones that turn out to be decent rigs get axed for some reason or another. Despite what many say, bad opinions are just bad opinions and if you like your rig and it does what you want it to do then that's what matters. Enjoy your 86 brother!

Yes sir thank ya my friend ! Well said, and I actually love mine indeed it's great ! I'm picky and know if it's off or a bastard child LOL, for lack of better term yes it's legitimate !

73's, Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.