• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mirror Antennas

fatdude1 said:
995 said:
How about drilling holes? Go or no-go??
Thats totally up to you. A roof mount wilson will do you just fine.

I agree, but he mentioned removing the headliner and he doesn't need to do that with a magmount.

It's much more work but I like the fit and finish. When I install the CB Antenna I will also put in the Sirius antenna. I don't want to see any wires and make it so I never have to repair it. I hope.

995 said:
fatdude1 said:
995 said:

I agree, but he mentioned removing the headliner and he doesn't need to do that with a magmount.
very true but one thing mags have a tendency to do dis color paint and cause rust spots if you dont move the antenna all the time

Well i look at it this way my self i dont like wire's and shyt hanging all over the place. its just like setting up a stereo system you have to take out the interior to do it nice and neat. Pull the head liner drill the hole you need. Tuck the coax the way it needs to be and your done for a long time.

fatdude1 said:
995 said:

Like i posted just above get the wilson 5000 the roof mount only needs one hole for that. Ball mounts need 4 hole's dont know if you want that many hole's in your roof. The main thing for best performence is the antenna system...

OPPS WRONG BUTTEN LOL

hope this helps ya 73's

One would think that one would take pride in there setups no matter what it is from car audio to anything you do make it look like you try to do your best to make it as nice looking as possable so what if its a little work to do but in the end you will get people that see it say wow that's nice

have to agree we are thinking the same there dude

I enjoy doing an antenna installation especially mine! It takes some tome to remove the plastic and then drop the headliner. The hole saw will just take a minute. It's a all day job to do the antenna and radio for my I take my time and a couple of coffee brakes. I'm Glad I talked to you all and now my wheels are turning. Are the connectors OK that come with the Wilson 5000 antenna or do I need to go with better ones?

As long as you're talking about the base loaded Wilson 5K, then yes, it comes with everything. It comes in three different models last I looked...mag mount, roof mount, or trunk lip mount. You know which one to choose....

If it were the Wilson 5K Trucker....you'll need a mount and coax.

Hi King Mud duck why is the K10 better than the Wilson 5K? I don't know anything and I have to look at all the possibility's.I just want to do this one time! With all the work in installing it I don't want to try to save $10.00 and replace it later when I get a better CB Radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.