• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mission Accomplished

fogdog

Aug 29, 2013
East Tennessee Mountains
At 1800 UTC on New Year's Day a friend of mine for over 50 years made a QSO from East TN to coastal northern ca.
We played with radios back in the 60's and 7o's. When we got older he continued in radio, and became a Ham operator, and I went into the service for the next 20 year's. When I would visit my home, we would talk about how cool it would be if I got my Ham licence, and we could maybe keep in touch. I got my ticket in 2013, but didn't have an HF radio until, 2 weeks ago.
It was a rough QSO on daytime 20 meters, but it lasted 13 minutes. It was also my,1st contact of 2019. It's just so awesome to me, that we as Ham Radio Operators can do this. That was probably the biggest thing that has ever happened to me on the radio. 1 more thing to check off my bucket list.
Loving Ham Radio.

Let's see Firerunner and I did Central Ind to N. Cal nr Frisco the other morning on 75m for over and HOUR+...S9+ signals both ways. Hmm no EF's here.
Half way Doublet his end...
Pair of "Phased Dipoles" on my end!:ROFLMAO:
At the same time, others in QSO in Mich/Neb/Ohio/In/IL...We do it on regular basis:ROFLMAO:
RadioFun!
Enjoy
All the Best
Gary

PS: With same antennas, we have worked on 75/40/20m before...many times. Now if we can just work on 6m:whistle::D

Talked to California today with 25 watts on my endfed 8' off the ground (temporary setup). He thought I was sitting next to him. As did I. Sometimes it's the conditions not the antennas. ;)

Waiting on the weather to cooperate so I can put up my cobweb. o_O

Reactions: fogdog
rs_350x175-130503164414-lochte-1.gif
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Riverman
At 1800 UTC on New Year's Day a friend of mine for over 50 years made a QSO from East TN to coastal northern ca.
We played with radios back in the 60's and 7o's. When we got older he continued in radio, and became a Ham operator, and I went into the service for the next 20 year's. When I would visit my home, we would talk about how cool it would be if I got my Ham licence, and we could maybe keep in touch. I got my ticket in 2013, but didn't have an HF radio until, 2 weeks ago.
It was a rough QSO on daytime 20 meters, but it lasted 13 minutes. It was also my,1st contact of 2019. It's just so awesome to me, that we as Ham Radio Operators can do this. That was probably the biggest thing that has ever happened to me on the radio. 1 more thing to check off my bucket list.
Loving Ham Radio.

Great to read!!

Reactions: fogdog

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.