• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile 2m/440m antenna that fits a SO239 male?

Brandon1

Mar 22, 2010
Youngsville, NC
I have a Wilson 1000 on my truck right now. It has the SO239 male connector on it now. Is there a 2m/440 mobile antenna that will fit those threads and work with that system? It would be nice to only swap antennas not find a whole new mount.

Interesting question. I'm sure what you are after exists and is probably more common than I seem to believe but I've never seen one. Everything I've used in that range is NMO.

edit:

ok yeah what you want is apparently a "PO" style antenna

Looks like it should work to me. If you can screw a coax with a PL-259 onto that Wilson mount then you can screw that antenna on.

If you already have a 'PO' mount and don't want to put another antenna and mount on your vehicle, just find an antenna that uses that 'PO' mount. Then it would just be removing one antenna, replacing it with the other antenna (and the same with the other end of the feed line and radios).

It's a matter of choice/preference, but I like NMO type mounts. They tend to require less room under the metal than the 'PO' mounts do, and from what I've heard and experienced, they're a bit more sturdy. Lots of variations in that, mainly a matter of just how 'big' an antenna you put on either type mount, they both have limits.
Most manufacturers make antennas that use either mount, so it's just a matter of how you wanna do it.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.