• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile antenna mounts

I use this for my Firestik and have never had a problem with it. I do recommend using red lock tight for assembling it though.
Be sure your fingers and cable are clear before setting it down on the vehicle. It will damage cable and fingers if caught.
Mm-4401full.jpg

Does anyone know if the Firestik K-4 Pro Stud Mount is strong enough for use with the the Firestik 7-ft antenna (KW7)?

I've E-mailed the company have never received a reply.

The K4 is NOT strong enough. You need to run a "Puck Mount" to distribute the stresses of the antenna.

Tallman,

I am considering using the KW7 for a homemade base station antenna.

Am needing a stud mount to attach it to the bracket on my mast.

Thanks, Yeshua.

That really helped as he showed the stud mount (from Radio Shack) that he used for his 102" whip. It looked to be more substantial than the Firestick K-4 stud mount I was considering.

That's what I was looking for!

Thanks, Yeshua.

That really helped as he showed the stud mount (from Radio Shack) that he used for his 102" whip. It looked to be more substantial than the Firestick K-4 stud mount I was considering.

That's what I was looking for!

I had my SS 102" whip and spring with Rat Shack antenna mount attached to a 1/8" piece of angle iron that was attached to my mast using appropriate sized U-bolt clamps. That stayed put for 11 years until I took it down and put up the A99. The 102" mount was still in good shape.
Note: the 102" SS whip will be more invisible than the Firestik.
Video #2 http://youtu.be/j3Wsxzv-Fjw

Another good video.

I'm gonna put mine up till I move somewhere where it rains and things are green. Then I'll put up the Moonraker I've always wanted and quit messing with this stuff.

Hope it's not 11 years. :)

Breedlove mounts are of good quality. I have a vet old one that I believe is Breedlove or one other that JJD mentioned to me a while back. Anyway it's a solid brass mount with a 1/4" screw in the bottom. Here are a couple photos
usaby5ed.jpg
ja3u9ane.jpg

And they aren't cheap. I paid like 50 for this one long ago and if I would polish it, it would look like new. Worth the money IMO. Have a good one and god bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.