• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Antenna Question

DCowboys said:
psycho said:
On a drill through roof mount does a Predator 10K really outperformed a Wilson 5000? Both antennas are roof mounted with solid grounding at the same exact mounting hole.
I use a Predator 10K but for riding arounding I am thinking Wilson 5000....hitting too many cottonpicking tree limbs with the 10K.

Psycho I've ran both of them. I run the 5k now. Running a 3pill into and eight, I honestly did really see a difference talking skip. The difference I saw was that the 10k tunned better out better than the wilson 5k. For a low profile anntenna the wilson is no push over. If you like that big bulky look go with the 10k. I just got tired of people slowing down looking at just to look at me. You can give the finger but soo many times.

Well the results are in.......
1) The 10K with the 12" shaft tuned in better. 1% reflect vs 3% reflect with the Wilson 5000 and that was with an Xforce 8 pill keying 600 watts.
2) Wilson 5000: lost a very close keydown with an 8 pill against another 8 pill.
Predator 10K 12" shaft: beat the same mobile 5 minutes later after changing over to the 10K. Beat the other mobile bad.....cut their radio off. Almost a 1/2 s unit increase.

Keydowns-Predator
Ride around-Wilson 5000

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.