• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile antenna

It's a safe assumption because most Hams should know the information you're asking.
Excuse my ignorance oh Great One. I've been out of the hobby and getting back into it,there have been a lot of advances since I left. I thought the point of forums like this was to get info from like-minded individuals. Guess I'll think twice before I ask for help next time.

Excuse my ignorance oh Great One. I've been out of the hobby and getting back into it,there have been a lot of advances since I left. I thought the point of forums like this was to get info from like-minded individuals. Guess I'll think twice before I ask for help next time.
Forget it. Please ask anything your pea pickin heart desires in the future. The only safe assumption I would have made, as you stated in your first post, “I don't want to get too crazy with height.” For me, that eliminated the 102 option from the get go. I was interested in the several alternative antennas mentioned though, as I don’t believe that all the hams, including myself, have tried all the different shorter variations that will also work well enough on both bands. Maybe next time I'll try a Sirio, a 10K or something different to make a comparative choice.

Naw, 4-StringShort ain’t running a Pro Comm Chimp, he’s woke. In fact, cross-pollinization has occurred on his truck by outright defiance of ARRL antenna theory as a Stargun is in place.

Once parked, the neon undercarriage show begins and we hear, “Polka Dots & Moonbeams”, start to play as the big gun slowly rotates in the sky-bending laser lights.

There’s CB Men (or only a CB’er). Which will it be?

(Hope you’ll forgive this. Old habit to learn a new site is to find those smart and who explain things well. Yours was the first complete set of posts I read here. Just couldn’t resist the “only” business).

I asked a legitimate question in the beginning with no intention of ridiculing you behind it. I can't help the way you interpreted it. This thread is in the CB section so it was just an honest assumption. Also the fact I have heard many people think mobile antennas that advertise 11 and 10 meter can run both bands simultaneously when it really means it's tune-able with a range to cover those bands.

I did give an explanation and a better suggestion to having a 2 band antenna work with an acceptable compromise. However, you seem to ignore all this and reply back with a left-handed rhetorical reply.

I have analyzed a Sirio 5000 mobile antenna which appears to be (and most likely is the same matching coil) and published the findings in this forum. The Sirio antenna bandwidth at best was 1.8 MHz to keep the SWR under 1.9. That is a good bandwidth but it also represents a lot of losses in the loading coil to obtain that.

So in a perfect world, if the Sirio antenna tuned at channel 19 at the lowest SWR point, one half of the 1.8 Mhz bandwidth would start to go over a 1.9 SWR at 28.085 MHz without re-tuning.

Reactions: tba02

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.