• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile antenna

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
Any suggestions on a mobile antenna that will tune for useable swr on 11 AND 10 meters? Looking for something in a stud mount,not a mag. Tried a firestik firefly but not as broadbanded as I thought it would be. Mount is a tab above the drivers side tail light on grand cherokee. Also don't want to get too crazy with height.

Too late now, but I had a predator 10k, on a headache rack on my pickup, and it worked great on 10m. Worked 13 countries from my driveway.

It’s fairly obvious to me with pilot cars and oversized loads who has spent on their system. The right way.

A Predator is common at that point: the guy I easily pick up when he’s more than five miles ahead.

I also know I can ask a question and get a reply (direction of travel).

The mag mount with a Wilson ain’t even close.

Why is 10 meters needed assuming you're only a CBer?

At best all antenna's mentioned can be tuned for either 10 or 11 meters not really both simultaneously.

A 102 whip can split the difference. Last time I checked a 102 whip it had a near flat SWR reading around 27.655 MHz. On CH 19 it was about 1.4:1 and on the 10 meter call frequency it was 1.9:1.

I doubt any CB loaded coil antenna measured with an antenna analyzer will cover a bandwidth within a useable range of 1 MHz with any effeciently without being a leaking dummy load.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.