• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mobile hf/ vhf /uhf

i was thinking of the ic-7000 but it has been my experience every time i buy a first edition it has gone back to the factory.
as far as antennas it will be a hi Q so i don't have to deal with sealing issues in the winter here in the frozen tundra. i just have to come up with a suitable mounting system kinda like the one on their web site for the mercedes without the mercedes price tag. but i have time i just wish icom would release the next revision of the ic 7000 within the next couple of months so i can get it all in before winter.

re: mobile

The 7000 might be okay if the noise blanker has been improved as compared to the 706 line. If I was running mobile, I'd go with the Yaesu because they have a better NB. Of course, nothing is worse than the Alinco DX70 when it comes to Noise Blanking.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.