• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Install Pics

wouldn't there be some reflection effecting the swr with the antenna mounted in that spot? most of the antenna is below the roofline.

i remember looking at this thread when it was first posted, and i couldnt believe that freecell put his name on something like this.

he said that he contributed equip and collaboration to the project, and i remember thinking "why bother putting a 4 pill amp into a vehicle whose antenna wont allow them to get out anyway?" LOL

yes, i believe there would be a significant amount of reflection from the antenna to the vehicle body.

isnt this elementary school CB knowledge?
i remember reading it in the screwdriver experts guide. LOL

oh well, to each his own,
LC

can anybody explain the term "reflect from the body of the vehicle" ?,
people say it all the time including some cb antenna builders, a typical claim would be "you must have your coil above the roof of the car or you get reflection from the roof"

i can see an increase in distributed capacitance between the radiator and vehicle, i can see an increase in capacitance shunting the coil, both of which would change the feedpoint impedance to some degree,
either could make the match between coax and feedpoint better or worse thus increasing or decreasing reflected power from the feedpoint but the term reflect from the roof/vehicle body i dont get at all,

what is this reflect many people talk about?.

Well from the pictures ....it appears that IS the only way he's going to get an antenna on that 'Yota . Nice clean install . Sometimes the best you can do .....is a COMPROMISE . Sort of like using a No Ground plane mobile antenna . If it's the best you can do with your limitations --- it's better than NO RADIO !

I bet that antenna works fine right where its at I have setup antennas On Kenworth trucks right behind the cab Wilson 2000 for example. We mounted one of these antennas to a cross bar behind the cab on each truck and ran another extra ground wire to another location tuned antenna and presto I was more surprised than the owners or the guy helping me so its not impossible.

WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF RADIO AND ELECTRONICS!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.