• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Thru Roof Installation Part

I have seen that offered........and it confuses me<can not stand it> I mean Look at it. Where does it connect on the dv side? on the whip? it looks like a car antenna...the "DV" is comparable to an "N" connection/Smaller screw type than a DV...Seems the adapter would be a screw type on both ends, this appears as pl on one end but WHAT is that on the other?

"DV" connector

Thank you so much for having patience with Me & the lack thereof c.b Knowledge..The "DV" end is the point where the coax screws into the bottom of the hardmount offered from the U.K .,the opposite end is "PL", the antenna then screws down onto the mount. in size this dv is almost a 3/8" or similar to an "N" connector..Slightly larger. The only reason i chose to not use the mount was due in part to the small coax. offered by many vendors from the Uk on e-bay, Most vendors don't describe the coax as rg-258, they instead refer to it as a 4 mtr Lead. . .which causes me to question the Quality, or, if it is even rg-258.

The stock coax is rg-58 and will handle 4-500 watts. Changing the coax on the mag mount was very easy, not sure about the hard mount. You don't have to have an 18ft jumper if you don't need the length, whatever reaches is what will work. And lil yeshua just posted the upgraded coax that sirio offers. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

The stock coax is rg-58 and will handle 4-500 watts. Changing the coax on the mag mount was very easy, not sure about the hard mount. You don't have to have an 18ft jumper if you don't need the length, whatever reaches is what will work. And lil yeshua just posted the upgraded coax that sirio offers. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.

Well,the photo of it doesn't tell me how it hooks up. I contacted Sirio Antenna,DNJ Radio's antenna division about it. He replied and said that he'll email me some close up photos of it tomorrow. I already have a hard mount for mine but haven't installed it yet. I'll share the photos when I get them.

Did you get the upgraded coax? That's a lot of money for 12ft of coax. But well worth it I would say.

Yeah,it seems a little pricey.
Mine's sitting on the Sirio 145 magmount at this moment. The magmount has RG58U but unscrew the four screws securing the SO-239 connector,desolder the RG58U and replace that with RG8X and presto! But I will go to a hard mount soon.

That's what I did with my mag mount , very easy to change. That's what made me ask. The rg-58 gave me no issues, I just like rg8x more. The stock coax works fine though, have put 400 watts through it and never had an issue. I changed coax as I needed more length and went with rg8x. Anyway, good luck on the hard mount, I am so wanting to ask the boss man about putting a hard mount on lol. Maybe one day, until then I will keep on with the mag mount, although I will say that it is becoming somewhat of a chore to dry the roof and magnet and rubber piece every morning, dang dew in the morning is killing me. Oh well, gotta do what ya gotta do. God bless and thanks for the info.

The guy from Sirio Antenna told me this in the return email about the RG303 cable.
"to the Mag 145 mag mount, replace the current RG 58 cable.
the other end you need to hook the PL 259 connector..

the Mag 145 top part still connects to the Performer 5000. just replace the RG 58 cable with RG 303".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 4

dxChat
Help Users