• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

moble scanner antenna?

Chong

Feb 5, 2006
DX land Ohio
i need to build a moble scanner antanna to recieve uhf and vhf without drilling any holes with meterials i have around the house such as wire and connectors. any ideas i would like to hear. also i cant spend much money no more then $10. i am open to any suggestions thanks.

Got some 'Scotchtape'? How about some small wire? Tape the wire to your windshield, run it to the scanner. Or the side window, rear window? What length? Whatever it takes.
- 'Doc

seriously its cheaper to buy this than to build one. i bought a bnc connector from rad shack a week ago and it was almost 5 dollars plus the coax is a few bucks so just buy one. i use one and it actually works well, i have it in a invertered L and it out performs my 2m magmount indoors. i also bought a few things from this guy and he ships fast, usally within 24 hours of payment. he also has a few on ebay for $3.75 with $2.25 shipping so you can save a $1.75 if you dont mind waiting 3 days for them to end. personally i would just pay the $5.50 plus $2.25 and get it 3 days earlier.

Get a magnet mount "Scantenna," all-band 20 inch mobile scanner antenna. Big improvement over the stock windshield wire thingy. About $25.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.