• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Monitoring Times

6meter

Apr 19, 2010
Noticed that Monitoring Times is going to stop publishing.

MT Home

If you aren't familiar with MT you can download a few free sample issues at:
Free Issue

I was a subscriber at one point and always enjoyed MT. A good publication to go along with the radio hobby.

Back in the day I was running DX-150 and DX-440 short wave receivers and a Pro2004 scanner (unlocked for cell) along with a President Madison / Turner Expander 500 mike. The toys are a lot cooler these days, but I miss that era.

Not surprising especially for such a niche interest and the steep decline of shortwave and public service monitoring. Good magazine back in the day, looked forward to seeing new issues on the newsstands. Joins a ever enlarging group of formally published communication related magazines.

Still do some occasional SWL'ing whenever news happens, even public service lags due to encryption. Not at all like it was 30-40 years ago when a shortwave receiver and police scanner brought the entire world to your fingertips.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.