• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More channel 6 questions

The superball is what is America. The lingo just makes it entertaining, the competition is pure American. You put two lawn tractors side by side and we'll argue on whos the fastest.
The only people on radio who still don't get that are losers who wouldn't talk on it anyway. Why in 2015 are we having this thread? Wish I could copy this old crap from the 90's.
Who cares? I see less and less large boxes every year, but the diehards are still in.
Wait a few years and you'll get you wish. The next cycle's really going to suck.

The superball is what is America. The lingo just makes it entertaining, the competition is pure American. You put two lawn tractors side by side and we'll argue on whos the fastest.
The only people on radio who still don't get that are losers who wouldn't talk on it anyway. Why in 2015 are we having this thread? Wish I could copy this old crap from the 90's.
Who cares? I see less and less large boxes every year, but the diehards are still in.
Wait a few years and you'll get you wish. The next cycle's really going to suck.

I take it by your disdain and your avatar that you are one of the mindless minions of ch. 6. At least when debating lawn tractors the conversation is understandable and generally most white folks don't try and sound like a southern black person on bad drugs while claiming their tractor is faster. :p No offense to southerners or black folks BTW.

Reactions: fourstringburn
Ok.... I didn't intend to start a shyte storm by posting this. I simply want to understand what the heck this whole channel 6 thing is, because it IS so freaking insane... just like looking at a train wreck.

Massive amplifiers and insane mobile rigs are cool. Looking at pictures of how they are built, and learning more about them is fascinating. Would I spend fortunes building such a thing and exposing myself to unsafe levels of RF? No and no, but its still a fascinating subject.

So, I really would appreciate hearing more about this stuff, and the history of it. Sure, people have their opinions about it, that's fine too, but please throw the info out there first.

Thanks,

""That idiot is more famous than Casey Kasum""

That Idiot you refer to, has got a couple more albums on the wall than you do.

And it looks like this thread has started to swirl down the drain pipe as many threads like this doo doo.........

Jeff

""That idiot is more famous than Casey Kasum""

That Idiot you refer to, has got a couple more albums on the wall than you do.

And it looks like this thread has started to swirl down the drain pipe as many threads like this doo doo.........

Jeff

Come now Jeff.......just because someone has a few albums out does not in any way mean anything as it relates to radio or their personality in any way shape or form.

As for the name calling......I lost track of what number of posts to scroll up from some other post to find who said what however YES I said "mindless minions" and I stand by that because it is MY opinion of the rantings and repetitions that go on on ch.6 along with the insane amount of class C power used and the crap it creates on the band. I have had a hell of a lot worse directed at me and let it slide.

Anyway to the OP ......no harm and no foul in bringing this up. Almost any topic will bring out some strong opinions on both sides of the issue.

I use the bowl when i first turn on the radio to know if dx is working at all. i think it has its place just like ham radio. Not everyone likes forumla 1 some people prefer tractor racing like the other guy said. No one getting hurt s o sit back and enjoy the mess :) I been on the radio for 25 years and sometimes I still cant tell what they are saying

What I am trying to point out is they are just another bunch of guys playing radio.
Just because there are a few standout bad operators ( regarding running poorly made/used equipment ) does not classify everyone that talks on 27.025 a bad operator.
As for slang used on 6, yes, it is colorful, fun, it is not Q codes for-duck-plukin-sure and for some of op`s using that channel, a bit of pride in a nice clean station with well rounded audio.

Hey Captain i have talked to "Prime" several times and I have to say that his Audio is always top shelf (y)

They're always going to be mod limit ripper mentalities out there, no matter what.

If the Bowl is not someone's deal, then there is no reason to hang out there when there 39 other channels to use.

Anyway to the OP ......no harm and no foul in bringing this up. Almost any topic will bring out some strong opinions on both sides of the issue.

Almost like NoCode and CB/Ham debates.

Jeff

1.) Why do these guys say "bye bye bye" at the end of each transmission, when we all know they're going to be keying up again in 3 seconds or less? Is that just another word for "break?"

Because they have ran so much RF trying to step over everyone else, that they have fried their last brain cell. (in addition to killing off their sperm count - thankfully) So they have to repeat "bye" several times, just to be sure they said bye.

2.) Since assumption is dangerous, please tell me what exactly is the meaning of "I (just) got down?"

It means they just got down off of their high horse of being the ultimate idiot by unkeying their mic...but alas they'll be back on it in a few short seconds.

Hey Captain i have talked to "Prime" several times and I have to say that his Audio is always top shelf (y)
Jeff

I must admit that I have heard him a few times before and have to agree that his audio is probably among the best out there on ch.6. When you worked him did he still have the tell-tale "click-click-clack!" of the various relays kicking in? :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.