• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More channel 6 questions

807losangeles

May 11, 2015
Please pardon my n00bness. ;)

1.) Why do these guys say "bye bye bye" at the end of each transmission, when we all know they're going to be keying up again in 3 seconds or less? Is that just another word for "break?"

2.) Since assumption is dangerous, please tell me what exactly is the meaning of "I (just) got down?"

Please feel free to translate any other of your favorites for me!

Thanks,

I really think you have to had to witness firsthand the de-evolution of CB radio since the late 60's to really appreciate it's current state and all the lexicon used now. But there are still normal people out there trying to use it they way it used to be.

Reactions: whiteastro
It is just playing radio.
Same as the guys that call ch 28 AM home or 38 LSB where you hear q codes all the time, the regulars that use channel 6 is just a bunch of radio nuts.
Yes, some of the operators on 27.025 might be using ( cough ) a little help ( cough)
, rolling the watergate showing pride in the work put into their station, bragging a little bit and talking to other radio nuts but in the end they are just having fun with their hobby.

As for stations that splatter and rip it up you run into that elsewhere on the band as well, not just channel 6.

LoL 131

Jeff

There is more lingo I have heard before...

"in the bush" "just got down" "cotton picker" (I'm pretty sure that's the super-bowl equivalent of the "N" word) "no doubt about it"...and of course, Bye-bye-bye-bye!

On channel 38 LSB it's all to common to hear someone over use Q codes, call themselves "worldwide radio" "needle bender" and least not forget, Seventy-threeeeeeeeees!

Oh well, as long as we are having fun!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.