• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More Hints & Kinks Version 1.1

OldTech03

Dec 15, 2017
This little bit of info may just save a few switches and/or controls for those that have asked themselves how the HEdbl L can I get cleaner inside a so-called sealed switch or control? Well, for the most part, they are sealed but for real, they all have places where cleaner can get in around the shafts and end caps or what have you it varies from one device to the next but if you have the right process it can be done. So about 15 years ago I was dwelling on this while making some steaks using a vacuum sealer to infuse the steaks with my special family secret ingredients and it struck me that this process could force cleaner in a control that otherwise would impossible AND IT WORKED. I used this process last night while putting a Ranger 2995DX back in service the function switch "MODE SWITCH" was a little scratchy so I removed it put it in a food seal bag and sprayed some Deoxit on the switch and you must make sure to have a kind of bubble of cleaner for the switch to lay in before you do the vacuuming. I have used this many times so much so that I purchased a vacuum machine and about 8 rolls of bag material and have yet to use but one roll as you will be cutting the bag to fit the switch.

And yes the one drawback to this is you must remove the switch but it can save the day!

vacbag1.jpg vacbag11.jpg vacbag111.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.