• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More overpriced fleabay insanity

Reactions: Unit 194
I was one of the first people to get one back in the day.... I think I gave 180 for it new whenever it was 2002 or so then house burnt down to the ground and it with it. Lol.

Price discovery is a healthy part of a free market, and I'm all for it. Complaints about asking prices always remind me of the J P Morgan story.

Being the astute jeweler that he was, Mr. Tiffany knew that Mr. Morgan had an acute affinity for diamond stickpins. One day, Tiffany came across a particularly unusual and extraordinarily beautiful stickpin. As was the custom of the day, he sent a man around to Morgan’s office with the stickpin elegantly wrapped in a robin’s egg blue gift box with the following note:

“My dear Mr. Morgan. Knowing your exceptional taste in stickpins, I have sent this rare and exquisite piece for your consideration. Due to its rarity, it is priced at $5,000. If you choose to accept it, please send a man to my offices tomorrow with your check for $5,000. If you choose not to accept, you may send your man back with the pin.”

The next day, the Morgan man arrived at Tiffany’s with the same box in new wrapping and a different envelope. In that envelope was a note which read:

“Dear Mr. Tiffany. The pin is truly magnificent. The price of $5,000 may be a bit rich. I have enclosed a check for $4,000. If you choose to accept, send my man back with the box. If not, send back the check and he will leave the box with you.”

Tiffany stared at the check for several minutes. It was indeed a great deal of money. Yet he was sure the pin was worth $5,000. Finally, he said to the man: “You may return the check to Mr. Morgan. My price was firm.”

And so, the man took the check and placed the gift-wrapped box on Tiffany’s desk. Tiffany sat for a minute thinking of the check he had returned. Then he unwrapped the box to remove the stickpin.

When he opened the box he found – not the stickpin – but rather a check from Morgan for $5,000 and a note with a single sentence – “JUST CHECKING THE PRICE.”

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
No ones complaining.
Everything is worth exactly what someone will pay for it.
As they say "There's a sucker born every minute" and I'm sure one will find this irresistible.
I apologize, that was terrible wording on my part. I should have said something more like "when people display a lack of appreciation and/or understanding of..."

COBRA 2000GTL TESTED! OK IF U HAVE NEVER OWNED ONE OF THESES YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR MISSING CAN YOU SAY FUN FUN AND LOTS OF LAUGHTER THIS MIC WAS A X- CB SHOP DISPLAY MODEL FROM A SMOKEFREE COLLECTION.

X-CB shop?

SmokeFree Collection?

rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-animated-gif-4.gif

You're right about the ALL CAPS...:)

Oh but it has the "Fresh Mic-Boom Windscreen Smell..."

Hell, i have been trying to buy a vtvm for months now but everyone wants $80, $120 and higher. So stupid already. Its an obsolete old vtvm, not a lab calibrated dmm. And have you seen the heathkit stuff? OMG! Lets just say you cant even get a capacitor tester for under $150- $200. It kinda pisses me off, it really does

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.