• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base More Pattern Overlays

Sometimes you can be taken by total surprise and out of nowhere you hear a remote station had some good ones in the 3,000-6,000 miles region the last 2-3 months on 11m. All very small signals S0-S3's max.. with a nice quiet RF noise floor you can be there an nab some very nice contacts
I agree Blaster, if you don't make the call you won't work much. A quite setup is a huge benefit. If you don't know why your RX is noisy, that can make a difference. This not to say that quiet working setups don't sometimes show lots of noise too, Mother Nature in always in control.

You need to be patient, persistent and chase it though when it is weak. Good news is the sun is slowly starting to build it spots up.. there is a nice juicy big spot just about to come round and a few on there so it is looking good and going in the right direction.
Again, I agree.

You don't have a Gain Master anymore I take it, it would work like a dream at 45 feet feed point... in fact even at 25 feet it starts motoring nicely.
I thought about it, but lightening got my last GM, so I worry I might get hit again.
I think lightening likes small pointy tips on antennas.

Reactions: TheBlaster
So basically any vertical antenna ? :LOL: If I had a GM and an Antron 99 I would be putting the GM up without a second thought, if it was a purely RF based performance decision.

Reactions: Marconi

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.