• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfet Base amp

Do not buy one from him.....every person I know that has bought a mosfet from his has blown up within 2 weeks...they are junk. I have first hand have had dealings with him on a 280 amp power supply, it blew up 3 times with in 6 months. He refused my phone call to fix it along with letters....beware..

where the heck did you end up sending it to get fixed?? That sucks when people do that and you sit on a broken piece of equipment or left with a several hundred dollar paperweight!!

I sent it to greg at linearone to do it....I have compare and contrat picture of it... This is what Greg added or changed to the PS

I added a soft start, the correct style caps, put new rectifier bank in on heatsink, all drilled and tapped 10-24 should he ever need to replace it, reversed the fans, moved the transformers around for room, rewired it, used 1/4"x3/8" solid copper bus bar, crimped and soldered all connections, used teflon wire on transformer primarys, new switches, redid the meter calibration circuit (would do this different on a board if I had to do it again), upgraded to some huge freaking cable Yota supplied, put some ferrite and bypass caps in lots of places, put dual fuse holders on it, turned some fat insulators for the outputs on the lathe, all hardware is stainless throughout. .... what else? I dunno.

Linearone power supply pictures from friends & fun photos on webshots this is the one Linearone did

And here os the Skywalker Junk pics
SKYWALKER 280 AMP POWER SUPPLY Blew up 3 time dont buy one, they will not fix it...Junk Junk pictures from home & garden photos on webshots

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.