• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfet Mod for 6900 board

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
Does anyone where I can find the instructions to do the mosfett mod on the EPT6900 board? All I have been able to find is for the EPT3600. This is for a Galaxy DX 2517. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Mosfet Mod for 3900 board

jammeejoe said:
Does anyone where I can find the instructions to do the mosfett mod on the EPT3900 board? All I have been able to find is for the EPT3600. This is for a Galaxy DX 2517. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I thought the dx2517 had a 6900 board :?:

Ray from galaxy posted all the mods on the quack shack.
(It might have been Cbtricks but their forum got wiped out)
It does not look like an easy mod.
A ton of parts changes.

There really isnt a reason to do the mod to your radio.
For what? A few more watts?
Nobody will ever notice.

My bad, it is the 6900 board. The 1969's that are in it got abused and are blown---bad coax jumper. Since they are getting harder to find everyday I thought I would go ahead and put something in it that I could get. I wouldn't do it for the 6 or 7 more watts. I have found a lot of documentation on the conversion but none for the 6900. Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately when you blow the finals, the regulator
might also get toasted.

If you want the mosfet modification instead of replacing
the finals, I would suggest you find a qualified tech to do it.

Sometimes you burn more then just the finals, a good tech
like DTB radio can hook you up.

Those 1969 are everywhere dont worry about not finding them as a matter of fact they are being copied or remade by other comapanies now ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio