• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfett Mod for EPT6900 board

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
Does anyone where I can find the instructions to do the mosfett mod on the EPT6900 board? All I have been able to find is for the EPT3600. This is for a Galaxy DX 2517. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jammeejoe, if you find the mod, what do you think it will do for the 2517?

How do you like the radio?

I love the radio, but i blew the finals in it with a bad jumper and since the 1969's are getting hard to find I was just going to replace them with something that is readily available. The radio is the best radio I have ever owned. It is not for the 2 or 3 more watts that it is supposed to do with the mosfets.

Thank for your reply, but this is not my board. None of the components listed in this explanation are on my board. For example the driver and finals are Q47,48 and 49. Other components are not the same either. Again Thanks

jammeejoe said:
Does anyone where I can find the instructions to do the mosfett mod on the EPT6900 board? All I have been able to find is for the EPT3600. This is for a Galaxy DX 2517. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Here is the current production of the DX2517 schematic showing IRF520 mosfets. You should be able to make the changes to your radio using that schematic.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx2517_mosfet/graphics/galaxy_dx_2517_mosfet_sch.pdf

Just remember the normal 1N4148 diodes in the circuit (D90,D91,D92) have been replaced with 5.6 volt zener diodes and go on the main pc board reversed from what the picture on the board shows. This is what stops most conversions from working correctly.

-Ray

I couldn't get the link to work. I went back to cbtricks and still didn't see it. Is it in the paid forums? All I found was a message saying to check back later on the 6900 series that they were going to see how the 3600 series worked first. Thanks for trying to help.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.