• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola Programming

avistar23

May 17, 2005
Nassau Bahamas
Is anyone here experienced in Motorola programming, trying to get back into VHF work at my new QTH. have always wanted motorola gear to do local / emergency comms. have been looking alot at MCS2000 / Astro Spectra / CDM series radios, but it seems each one is its own world of programming, my needs are at least 128 channels, high power is good as i have no repeaters to use (but not a must), easy programming. mostly VHF interest.

i have googled and read alot on forums but wanted to see if anyone here has first hand knowledge.

The Maxtrac 300/GM300 had a 16 and 32 channel option. I had a GM300 16 channel. Bought a USB to serial dongle and then the adapter to plug in to program thru the mic. Found some downloadable exe for most of the M radios and ran dos box at 1200 rate on a Win7 laptop.

Successfully downloaded the codeplug to the program and re-uploaded with what I wanted for VHF ham simplex and some local repeaters.

Was a narrow banded version according to the model number.

Don't recall the site. Found it by accident. Had 750CDM model on there to.. and the small SM radios.

The USB to DB9 dongle is by Tried and was like $20-30..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.