• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola Saber question

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
I know this is probably a dream. Is there anyone who can narrow band capable a Motorola
Saber. Sabers went the way of dinosaurs, and cars from Detroit in 2013. I was always told they are not narrow band capable. I would love, be able to use a Saber at work again. There were always my favorite portable.

Bandwidth (VHF only)
1:Wide band
5:Narrow band - 12.5 kHz​

serno7.svg

serno7.svg

Need 155.295 PL 110.9 VHF Hi-Band is out main dispatch frequency for work. until 2013 I carried my own HT600, At times for awhile I had and HT90, the brick. I keep a still have an HT 200 that I use at a monitor at home sometimes. All the new portables out there now seem to Fisher Price like. We have a couple EF Johnsons, but they are used for neighboring county that is all 800 mhz talk group. The City of Pittsburgh used to use the Sabers and they always worked great. One of the local ambulance services went radio over Internet. They have a repeater that works over Internet that rebroadcast the VHF transmission over an cellular phone app.
Guess I'm am just too old fashion and prefer the old manly radio that had to be worn on your utility belt. Like I am expecting Bud-Lite to make a Real Men of Genius commercial. "Here's to you Mr. Mototola HT carrying public safety guy. You don't need police assistance" "If your situation gets out of hand, just beat the person with your portable radio. It will still transmit after you wipe it off."

Reactions: Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.