1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Mounting an KL 203 to bottom of a radio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by secret squirrel, Jun 29, 2020.

1. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

What is the most successful ways anyone has securely mounted an KL 203 to the bottom of a radio. I recently picked up a very clean Midland 13-822c. Going to set it up as the driver. Just doing something different in the vehicle. I have red noticed people successfully using Velcro or the speaker screw holes. Just asking for opinions.

2. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Elmer

I use 3M double-sided tape. Sometimes, I use the heavy-duty velcro.

secret squirrel likes this.
  3. secret squirrel

secret squirrel Lustrous Potentate

Thank you, I was debating about using the 3M double sided tape. The one they use to hold body trim on sports cars.

4. CB590

CB590 W9WDX Member

I used 3m velcro... though that 3m "body tape" is the way to be permanent

tecnicoloco and secret squirrel like this.
  5. ForestRunner98

ForestRunner98 Well-Known Member

I would think a couple of zip ties would also do the trick.

secret squirrel likes this.
  6. Shadetree Mechanic

Shadetree Mechanic 808 On The North Side of Dover

I would get another radio bracket and put it on the underside of the radio. That way you don't scratch up the radio and the amp will stay put.

secret squirrel and tecnicoloco like this.