• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Moving from PAC NW to WY

czgunner

Jun 26, 2021
I just got my tech license last summer. We are now planning to move from SW Washinton state to Northern Wyoming. How is the Ham scene out there?

DONT FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS WITH FCC. sounds like there will be another ham out there soon

I just got my tech license last summer. We are now planning to move from SW Washinton state to Northern Wyoming. How is the Ham scene out there?
I understand the population is sparse overall. You will be more popular in contests now that's for sure. I have very few WY contacts

Reactions: Blackcat630
WY is a sparsely populated state with few ham radio operators. You will be in a somewhat rare state.
Where are you going to be located in WY, or do you know yet?

I'm in Idaho. A bit rare but less so than Wyoming. You will be in the middle of a huge patch of "not much radio here land". I can do FT8 and look at my reception results on PSK reporter and I see a huge patch of no one being out there to receive signals.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.