• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MRF455 Bias voltage

N6ADA

Jan 4, 2013
Hello all, I'm working on an amp with MRF455 transistors. Would someone happen to know what the bias voltage should be for these? I'm reading -12v on the base keyed or unkeyed. This doesn't seem correct, but I'm not sure.

Thanks

If I had enough information, amp brand, model number, or a schematic I could be more helpful. Unkeyed the voltage should be ZERO volts. I am hoping that your voltage reading of -12v you just have your leads reversed. If you have -12v and you do not have the test leads reversed then maybe you have reversed your power supply.

The posting read as follows: I'm reading -12v on the base keyed or unkeyed.
Last I heard V means voltage.
You are correct about the quiescent currents at 80 to100 ma idle current.

Thanks guys. Sorry, after posting this I figured it out. Yes for class AB approximately .6 volts but adjust for correct current as mentioned. I was trying to figure out how to delete this thread :(
Thanks again!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.