• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MURS

?????????????

Were those channels grandfathered in because WM already used them? Wouldn’t surprise me.

Tweaking the tail of the local Wally World is — in principle — funny. Deserved.

Taking the action is another question. Why free speech is a guarantee. Airing the tension is the point.

WalMart is no one’s friend. Just the opposite. Founder Sam Walton got his start helping his Daddy by throwing families off their land during the Great Depression. Unpaid tax bills. Auctioned off.

The big boys stole that improved land for pennies. Land worked for generations in some cases.

Get a life, is what you’d tell those families if they’d expressed bitterness?Rural America got hollowed out. WalMart is just the latest government-sanctioned theft. It’s no secret.

Whatever the business you were starting in 2015, it wouldn’t survive the assault seen here.

Good luck. Hope it’s worked.

Reactions: r carl and WECSOG
Maybe your small business will survive when Wal-Mart shows up. Or it’s equivalent. Here on the USA they destroy small businesses of every kind. Local wages drop and poverty increases. Taxes go up, not down.

We-Mart has its own intelligence headquarters designed and organized by the notorious Cofer Black (ex-CIA).

Good luck when that baleful eye turns your way. The black market is how the resourceful and shameless make their way in the employ of extra-legal operators. On that score your country has experience. Wal-Mart is just the other end of that rope.

Yep. And after destroying the businesses and moving local money out of the state, they use that money to push their political agenda... which is against the values of most of their customers.

Reactions: r carl
I've used them. Just another VHF talking outlet. Just be sure that your antenna is reasonably tuned for the frequencies or else don't run higher powers for very long. Good channels! And yes, Walmart uses 4 or 5 pretty much everywhere.

Bought these radios for communication when backing trailers outside of cell service areas. Short distances, but works great.

Reactions: WECSOG
Anyone here use MURS? I used it last night for the first time so I'm just wondering how many have tried it.
I run a Motorola Mobile VHF radio with the MURS frequencies programed into it, talk to several guys here in Southern California who are like 15 to 20 miles away, i like it because it is so much quieter than 11 meters (CB).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated