• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My 11 meter station

Turbogus

Oct 17, 2010
5090917602_5b699f4f7a_z.jpg

5090921114_46d11ce5c7_z.jpg

Nice!!
I have 2, if I remember right 135's in the closet.
One is more of a parts machine and the other untouched.
Soon when I set up my antenna I will pull them out.
I don't know about yours but mine has the "funky" flip clock in them.
Now, that was technology!!! LOL!
Good performing machines. Glad you posted and I can see your proud of your setup as you should be.

73, tracker.

Nice station Turbogus! I always like the looks and the performance of the Cobra radios. Although I no longer have any of them, at one time I had a Cobra Cam 89, a Cobra 139XLR, and a Cobra 2000GTL. Even though the 2000GTL was an excellent performer, and sure looked nice, I always like the 139XLR for it's somewhat more compact size, style and black face panel. Maybe someday I'll break down and buy a 142GTL. Thanks for posting the pics!

Thanks guys,
Since getting the 142 back from the shop, turned out to be a mic. contact problem that I fixed with a pipe cleaner:oops:
I really like the classic looking radios and from research I did before I bought this 142 looked very favorable.
Been eyeing an old Turner +2 on EBay that I might be getting to add to this station
5143131142_b67f8abfae.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.