• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Advice - Keep Your Good Stuff

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
I am alarmed by the billions of reports about all the new gear the last several years that have all the poor quality issues. It used to be that you could only reliably sling mud at MFJ. Now it's so many things across the board. You can still hoo haw at MFJ btw all you want. I recently needed to add a higher power ant. tuner with a meter to my shack. Selected the 962E manual tuner. I like manual tuners. Had a quality issue out of the box. Had to remove cover and make a fix. They've added a full relay board to the back end requiring the unit to be powered for any of the 3 coaxial ports to be connected to the circuit. Seems needlessly over-complicated and unnecessary. Add they are no longer even providing a paper manual with their products. Go to mfj dot com they say. Get your manual there they say. - You cannot single out a single manual for viewing or download. You have to download the entire library of mfj manuals and then pick yours out. Was going to over an hour download. FU mfj.
IF you have a good working piece of equipment now whether a radio, amp, meter, tuner or whatever it is, my advice is to stop your trading and swapping and keep it all ..... because it's become a ridiculous gamble these days to buy some of this stuff out there today.

There is no PDF for the 962e, but I did find one for the D model. I'm not sure how different they are.
You can download specific manuals, so I'm not sure why you were having issues doing so.
Click on the MFJ products folder, MFJ-9 products folder, then go to page 2 to find the 962D. You can click the folder and select a single PDF to view, or click on the dots on the right and download the entire folder.
Good luck with it.

My newest piece of equipment is the MFJ 259C analyzer. everything else is at least 17 years old or older.

Reactions: Eldorado828
There is no PDF for the 962e, but I did find one for the D model. I'm not sure how different they are.
You can download specific manuals, so I'm not sure why you were having issues doing so.
Click on the MFJ products folder, MFJ-9 products folder, then go to page 2 to find the 962D. You can click the folder and select a single PDF to view, or click on the dots on the right and download the entire folder.
Good luck with it.

My newest piece of equipment is the MFJ 259C analyzer. everything else is at least 17 years old or older.
Doesn't work for me on the Desktop. The Instructions say you can .... but the only actual on my view choice is to download everything.

Reactions: Eldorado828
The last thing I bought from MFJ ( legal limit tuner) arrived with hardware rattling around in the case.
A call to MFJ got me a " you can fix it, won't invalidate the warranty" reply.
They were not concerned that the product was shipped with loose hardware.......
They should just sell kits, that way you know it gets built properly.
W8JI was doing warranty work on Ameritron amplifiers for a while, he is now refusing to do that work because it has become such a clown show.
Wrong parts, poor assembly, awful QC, and month's of repair back log, and " repaired" equipment sent from MFJ that still has the same fault it had when sent in for warranty work.
Sadly it seems every brand they bought has spiraled down the toilet.

Jeff

I think the pattern is USA outsources to China, then China outsources to Vietnam. Chinese companies are buying up American manufacturer names right and left. In the gun world Chinese copies of Remington 870 shotguns are better than the last produced Remington 870s. Pretty soon Jack Daniels will be made in China. I got no problems with the 1970s tech.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.