• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My cell phone makes me wish there were more radios

roadrage

I didn't realize my 30 day straight talk service plan is up. The closest Walmart is 30 minutes away so I get online and sign into my account. I use my pre-registered and verified card to purchase another 30 plan. I wait for me e-delivery to come in my email inbox. It doesn't show up. 6 hours later my purchase still shows that it is processing. So I politely email customer support and inquire why it is taking this long. Normally it only takes 1-2 hours for delivery.

They respond and tell me- "...is still processing because we are verifying your payment information. Our verification process is intended to ensure the security of your financial information and to prevent unauthorized use of your account. Please take into account that when an order is placed, our Finance Department may need additional verification information from the your credit card company. When the payment is approved, all the order information is verified for accuracy, then the order is released and this process should be completed within 48 hours."

My ex-wife is a hospital employee and is on call this weekend. I promised her I would be available to take the kids if she gets called in. Now my phone isn't working, I am stuck in my house for the next 48 hours to honor my promise to her about being available.

It wouldn't be a problem if she still had a radio in her car. :censored:

Of course, I could have paid more attention to when my service plan was running out and purchased one ahead of time.

I am just purchasing my service plans straight from Straight Talk. I will cut out the middle man (Walmart). I have made several inquiries, and polite ones, to their customer service. I requested they have their finance dept. call my number, that is on record in my Walmart account, to verify that it was me that made the purchase. They just won't. I am just canceling my order. I won't do any more online business with them unless I have no other options.

This is the second time their online service has cost me time or money. Last time they did it was on an amp install kit they said was in stock in their closest store. Instead of waiting for shipping, I loaded up my children and drove 60 miles round trip to their location to find that they don't carry that brand at that location. To be fair, I could have called and should have. It is a small town location in the middle of nowhere. It was obvious they didn't carry that particular product there. But at least they tried to lie to me and tell me they must have sold it that morning. But there was not even a skew tag on the shelf for it. I would have been ok with a simple apology for the website to mislead me. I did drive my gas guzzling 3/4 ton truck 60 miles, costing me $40 in gas to drive there to get something that was supposed to be in stock. Lying just made me more frustrated with them. It is bad enough to be dishonest, but worse was they insulted my intelligence as if I didn't know the difference. I guess it is just another example of big business's arrogance. A few unhappy customers in the sea of millions of consumers is just insignificant.

I remember when I was young I purchased some pistachio ice cream. I chomped into a small stone, the size of a pistachio nut. I didn't break my tooth or get an injury, but it was uncomfortable. I wrote a letter to the company and explained the situation. I got a hand written letter back. They apologized to me. That was satisfying enough, but they also enclosed a voucher for a big tub of their ice cream. Companies seemed to care so much more about their customers back then. And that was only about 25 years ago.

I didn't realize my 30 day straight talk service plan is up....

don't take this wrong, but,............. why don't you get an obama-phone?;)

I'm serious, a friend DARED me to get one, sooooooooooooooooo, I filled out an on-line application in my dogs name, Jack R(ussel) Terrier, occupation: guard.

4 days later a phone arrived in the mail from Alcatel, already activated with 480 days (about a year and a half) of pre-paid service. every month they add 250 minutes to it.

YMMV:eek:

Sweet!

don't take this wrong, but,............. why don't you get an obama-phone?;)

I'm serious, a friend DARED me to get one, sooooooooooooooooo, I filled out an on-line application in my dogs name, Jack R(ussel) Terrier, occupation: guard.

4 days later a phone arrived in the mail from Alcatel, already activated with 480 days (about a year and a half) of pre-paid service. every month they add 250 minutes to it.

YMMV:eek:

Great way to recoup your tax dollars at waste!

I may give it a try.....

Or you could have them automatically deduct from your account.

That's what I am thinking, there are a half dozen ways to get full continuous cell service with no run around. Heck if wal-mart sucks then go Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Virgin Mobile. They would all love to have your money.

Reactions: 1 person
Cell phone service is a joke, they really have you by the gonads no matter how you look at it. You want a cell phone and not an Obama free one, go get one from Verizon or AT&T, those 2 have the best coverage. Sprints data service is great, but the voice network is mediocre. T-Mobile isn't that bad, but not at the top oft list for good service. Anyway, good luck with whatever you do and god bless.

I didn't realize my 30 day straight talk service plan is up. The closest Walmart is 30 minutes away so I get online and sign into my account. I use my pre-registered and verified card to purchase another 30 plan. I wait for me e-delivery to come in my email inbox. It doesn't show up. 6 hours later my purchase still shows that it is processing. So I politely email customer support and inquire why it is taking this long. Normally it only takes 1-2 hours for delivery.

They respond and tell me- "...is still processing because we are verifying your payment information. Our verification process is intended to ensure the security of your financial information and to prevent unauthorized use of your account. Please take into account that when an order is placed, our Finance Department may need additional verification information from the your credit card company. When the payment is approved, all the order information is verified for accuracy, then the order is released and this process should be completed within 48 hours."

My ex-wife is a hospital employee and is on call this weekend. I promised her I would be available to take the kids if she gets called in. Now my phone isn't working, I am stuck in my house for the next 48 hours to honor my promise to her about being available.

It wouldn't be a problem if she still had a radio in her car. :censored:

Of course, I could have paid more attention to when my service plan was running out and purchased one ahead of time.

much simpler to just go to wal mart and buy one . or any dollar general. you would had service by now..just saying

Problem is radios seem to be hit or miss unless you have your own private frequency.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.