• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My cheap Mic win

cwk

May 15, 2012
South Central Pa.
I was farting around the other day at one of the local buy&sell shops. They had some real garbage but a few sorta nice things I had no intrest in. I came across afew radios on a shelf that were really over priced junk and a few mics. One was a Silver Eagle but something looked wrong...the head was on backwards and it was kind of crufty. Then, next to it was what looked like a Super Side Kick. It had been repainted , the end was balled up and the battery was basically coroded into the connector. They wanted something like $75.00 for both. Went into Bullshit mode and walked out with both for $15.00, it wasn't that hard as they were sitting there for a pretty long time. Any way I went for the "Silver Eagle" at home to clean it up but decided to see if the Turner was any good. I spent about 45 minutes and this damn thing is sweet! I had alot of compliments on my old D-104 w/a crystal head but this thing just blows all out of the water. Total cost was about $7.50 for the mic, some DeoxIT and a 9v Battery connector plus a little cleaning up od old bad solder joints. Just thought I'd share. Sorry for the wall of text.

Reactions: 2RT307 and wavrider

if it is a turner super side kick there is a pot on the bottom of the mike to turn down if it is splattering,,, sidekicks have 2 adjustments one on top and one in a little hole on bottom,,,, i have seen many mess up a radio trying to match mike to itor just give up thinking mike is bad,,,,, but it just needed turned down on bottom,,,

if it is a turner super side kick there is a pot on the bottom of the mike to turn down if it is splattering,,, sidekicks have 2 adjustments one on top and one in a little hole on bottom,,,, i have seen many mess up a radio trying to match mike to itor just give up thinking mike is bad,,,,, but it just needed turned down on bottom,,,
I don't see on the bottom. I'll look under the plate. Thanks!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.