• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Notice: You may not use this site to facilitate the unauthorized selling of copyrighted material including, but not limited to, in the public dxForums, dxGallery, dxChat and private messsages. If you get caught doing this, you will be permanently banned with no second chances. A notice will be placed on the site of why you were banned and any information collected by this site about you will be made known to the copyright holder.

My Dog Broke An Element Off My PDL-2....

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
The day my German Shepherds crawl up my tower and get tangled in the beam thats where they are staying!! Ill feed them with a slingshot and water them with water balloons and a 3 man water balloon winger!! :LOL:

Ha ha...I get it now......no I was working on the PDL-2 on my patio. :D

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
Jeezo pete....they want to ass rape you on the shipping $20....heck the Penetrator 500 was only $16 :blink:

MrSuburban

May 25, 2010
I was just talking to a local on the CB and he said that new aluminum tubing is not anywhere near the quality of the old aluminum tubing....he just fabbed a PDL-4 and said that the new stuff will split when you crimp the ends....but I have no choice so I will give it a try.

asking people on the cb for any advise is a bad move... Cbers are for the most part idiots who parrot what they hear and read whether the info is right or wrong.

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
asking people on the cb for any advise is a bad move... Cbers are for the most part idiots who parrot what they hear and read whether the info is right or wrong.

I asked him because he has had a lot of PDL-2 antennas and I figured that he might have a spare element laying around.....but he had used everything up after his last project...which was building a PDL-4.....he is pretty knowledgeable.

B

BOOTY MONSTER

there's some of them in every group , the ham hobby certainly isn't immune

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
Doe anyone know of a source for Aluminum Round Tubing - 1/2" OD x .050 that they do not want $20 to ship?

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
You might get lucky and find a metal scrap yard nearby.
If one is close; they might have what you are need for a whole lot less.
Try a recycling yard too.

Be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
Not at all.

Where I live in San Jose CA, there are six places that have something like that.
Where do you live?
Close to any metropolitan areas?
Look and see . . .

South central MI. but not near any large metropolitan areas.....the salvage yards around here are just big mountains of scrap.....be extremely hard to find what I need...much less in usable condition.

Robb

Yup
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
How about a piece of copper tubing with the same diameter?
That should be available at any place that sells plumbing.
It might not be aluminum; but it will work just fine.
Who is going to be able to tell the difference but you?

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
How about a piece of copper tubing with the same diameter?
That should be available at any place that sells plumbing.
It might not be aluminum; but it will work just fine.
Who is going to be able to tell the difference but you?

I am not sure but doesn't copper and aluminum corrode when used together?

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
No more than the steel screws that hold it together.
Whenever unlike metals are used; there will be a difference of charge - true.
But RF won't be able to tell the difference.
The velocity factor will be negligible over such a short length as this.

Well...I might go that route if I cannot find a piece of 1/2 od aluminum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
    Sorry to hear you troubles, he is famous around here for his scams.
  • @ AudioShockwav:
  • @ kb9ghn:
    My first thought was the i.r.s. may be interested in a long term money making scam without proper taxes being paid..probably more than electronics involved.
  • @ Toll_Free:
    My first thought was why hasn't someone paid him a visit. I mean, his address is posted above.
  • @ beakster1715:
    Good news! I opened an appeal case after eBay sided with superhawkwss6. I also opened an IC3 case & sent that information to eBay. Within an hour they responded, reversed their decision and returned all of my money. Unfortunately, superhawkwss6 stole my CB radio and eBay will likely not suspend or close his account, but rather allow him to continue his criminal activity. I think I'll still file a report with our sheriff's dept (the sheriff is a friend of mine) though I know this type of crime isn't worth their time. This guy needs to be stopped and I'm certainly going to do my best to make that happen.