• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Dog Broke An Element Off My PDL-2....

The day my German Shepherds crawl up my tower and get tangled in the beam thats where they are staying!! Ill feed them with a slingshot and water them with water balloons and a 3 man water balloon winger!! :LOL:

Ha ha...I get it now......no I was working on the PDL-2 on my patio. :D

Jeezo pete....they want to ass rape you on the shipping $20....heck the Penetrator 500 was only $16 :blink:

I was just talking to a local on the CB and he said that new aluminum tubing is not anywhere near the quality of the old aluminum tubing....he just fabbed a PDL-4 and said that the new stuff will split when you crimp the ends....but I have no choice so I will give it a try.

asking people on the cb for any advise is a bad move... Cbers are for the most part idiots who parrot what they hear and read whether the info is right or wrong.

asking people on the cb for any advise is a bad move... Cbers are for the most part idiots who parrot what they hear and read whether the info is right or wrong.

I asked him because he has had a lot of PDL-2 antennas and I figured that he might have a spare element laying around.....but he had used everything up after his last project...which was building a PDL-4.....he is pretty knowledgeable.

there's some of them in every group , the ham hobby certainly isn't immune

Doe anyone know of a source for Aluminum Round Tubing - 1/2" OD x .050 that they do not want $20 to ship?

You might get lucky and find a metal scrap yard nearby.
If one is close; they might have what you are need for a whole lot less.
Try a recycling yard too.

Be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Not at all.

Where I live in San Jose CA, there are six places that have something like that.
Where do you live?
Close to any metropolitan areas?
Look and see . . .

South central MI. but not near any large metropolitan areas.....the salvage yards around here are just big mountains of scrap.....be extremely hard to find what I need...much less in usable condition.

How about a piece of copper tubing with the same diameter?
That should be available at any place that sells plumbing.
It might not be aluminum; but it will work just fine.
Who is going to be able to tell the difference but you?

How about a piece of copper tubing with the same diameter?
That should be available at any place that sells plumbing.
It might not be aluminum; but it will work just fine.
Who is going to be able to tell the difference but you?

I am not sure but doesn't copper and aluminum corrode when used together?

I am not sure but doesn't copper and aluminum corrode when used together?

No more than the steel screws that hold it together.
Whenever unlike metals are used; there will be a difference of charge - true.
But RF won't be able to tell the difference.
The velocity factor will be negligible over such a short length as this.

No more than the steel screws that hold it together.
Whenever unlike metals are used; there will be a difference of charge - true.
But RF won't be able to tell the difference.
The velocity factor will be negligible over such a short length as this.

Well...I might go that route if I cannot find a piece of 1/2 od aluminum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated