• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Dog Broke An Element Off My PDL-2....

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
Anyone know where to get a new element?

I was working on it and I left it for a few seconds and he went over and got tangled in the wire.

They do not have the right size.
I need the end element that slides out....its 4ft x 1/2 inch od with a pinched end with a screw hole for the back door wire.

I was just talking to a local on the CB and he said that new aluminum tubing is not anywhere near the quality of the old aluminum tubing....he just fabbed a PDL-4 and said that the new stuff will split when you crimp the ends....but I have no choice so I will give it a try.

he's wrong about the splitting . i haven't had any problems what so ever with any DXengineering tubing i have gotten . i've used their 1/2 inch , 5/8 inch and 1 through 1 5/8 tubing with no splitting or cracking or any other problem .

the only thing is they require a $20 minimum order S&H not included . and 6 ft stuff starts about $18 just for shipping .

for one section id try texas towers . they might not have a minimum order requirement .

Texas Towers, Aluminum Tubing Page

Business Hours:
Weekdays: 9 AM-5 PM
Closed Saturdays and Sundays

Phone Numbers:
Sales: (800) 272-3467
Local: (972) 422-7306

he's wrong about the splitting . i haven't had any problems what so ever with any DXengineering tubing i have gotten . i've used their 1/2 inch , 5/8 inch and 1 through 1 5/8 tubing with no splitting or cracking or any other problem .

the only thing is they require a $20 minimum order S&H not included . and 6 ft stuff starts about $18 just for shipping .

for one section id try texas towers . they might not have a minimum order requirement .

Texas Towers, Aluminum Tubing Page

Business Hours:
Weekdays: 9 AM-5 PM
Closed Saturdays and Sundays

Phone Numbers:
Sales: (800) 272-3467
Local: (972) 422-7306

Thanks....appreciate it.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated