• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My first antennas

bigloudvtwin

Nov 6, 2013
Shelton, Washington
I passed my tech test the other day but I've been working on my rig and such so I'm ready when I get a call sign. I got the designs for all off of the good ole internet (it has to be true right? LOL). Had to do some serious tweaking to the 2 meter to get it to resonate where I wanted. The 70 cm one is just picky. Swr is low at 420, high at 425 then low from 430-440, then high at 445 and low again at 450! I don't get it. I have an MFJ 259B but can't use it for vhf. Oh well we will see how it behaves when it's 30' in the air. I also built a 2 meter slim jim from copper pipe that receives great and a G5rv for 10 meters. I'm already having fun and haven't even transmitted yet.
73 :D

Attachments

• 2 meter yagi.jpg
    2 meter yagi.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 2 meter yagi gamma match.jpg
    2 meter yagi gamma match.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 146
  • 70 cm yagi.jpg
    70 cm yagi.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: 1 person

First off, congratulations on getting your tech ticket! As far as your antennas go... Awesome! There's a guy on Youtube that made a tri band beam out of a TV antenna for 6, 2, and 70cm. Pretty cool, but there's like 10 episodes of it to watch the whole thing.

Sounds like you're off and running. My ticket took what seemed like forever. I've been having fun on 2m and 70cm, and 10 meters has just been unreal. I've made contacts into Europe (Barbados, Croatia, and Germany) from both the base and my mobile. Really good band conditions! You probably couldn't have gotten licensed at a better time as far as propagation is concerned.

Have fun, and maybe I'll catch you on the band!

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.