• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My first radios

sleepy3103

Sep 8, 2011
Hey Everyone, I just wanted to share my first HAM radios. I am working on getting my technicians and general class so I can transmit on them. I got an Azden PCS-7000H 2m mobile and a Yaesu VX-1 HT. I also got a 2m Husler magnet mount from the same gentleman. I paid $160 for everything. I plan to get a dual band mobile eventually and an HF mobile. Thanks for looking.

Sorry for the crappy pics, all I have is my phone right now to upload.

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

Last edited:

RADIOS

Nice set up,Great price. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TEST.73s. RAY 713 COATHANGER N.E. P.A. Little coal town.;)(y):cool::pop::D:drool:

if you can follow a simpnle tuning procedure you could look at a kenwood ts-520 for a good starter hf rig. they can be found in good shape for a couple hundred bucks and have real nice audio. you should also get a freq counter to go with it because its analog and hard to tell exactly what freq your on without it. mine came with an outboard counter so i never had an issue with frequency. its allways good to have a backup rig so when you can afford a newer rig the 520 can sit in the closet until its needed or it makes a good loaner rig to. its a big radio so it isnt a mobile

Thanks everyone. For now I'm just sticking to mobile or handheld until I get a place I can actually set up an antenna. I live in an apartment. So once I can afford it ill upgrade to a dual band and add an HF in to. I'll have to get a new dual band antenna and an HF antenna then also. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks everyone. For now I'm just sticking to mobile or handheld until I get a place I can actually set up an antenna. I live in an apartment. So once I can afford it ill upgrade to a dual band and add an HF in to. I'll have to get a new dual band antenna and an HF antenna then also. Thanks for the replies.

What floor are you on?

Talk to the manager, they might let you put an antenna on the roof!

What floor are you on?

Talk to the manager, they might let you put an antenna on the roof!

There's a local here who is on 80 meters every night and lives in an apartment. His manager let him put a loop on the roof and you can't even see the antenna from the street!

I could put up an antenna, but I couldn't put any holes in the house(duplex), modify anything or damage anything. I'm on the bottom floor of a duplex. Plus I'm planning on buying a house in the near future, so I'm waiting until then to have a setup in the house. A mobile is fine right now.

You can set up an antenna anywhere.

The trick is deciding WHAT antenna to use.

There are many styles of applications. I suggest you consider making your own.

Nothing quite like making your own dipole...and they are easy to make and CHEAP!!!...

This will get you into the hobby hip deep....

Hams experiment and share their ideas with others...capitalize on the sucesses of others.

Get into a local amateur club if you can. The peeps there will be an avenue of info you can't imagine. Plus you will have the pleasure of the comraderie of folks on the same page as yourself.

Ham radio is a great hobby...one to be shared.

Mike
AC8IR

Yep back in the early 60's I ran WW2 surplus on 2 meter AM ... FM started comming in about 1968. Here is my station about 1966.

Attachments

• wa4gch.jpg
    wa4gch.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 277
Yep back in the early 60's I ran WW2 surplus on 2 meter AM ... FM started comming in about 1968. Here is my station about 1966.

Left to right RBM REceiver with regulated power supply on top (ARC-3) 8 watt AM crystal controled transmitter some receiving converters and on right a BC-348 Receiver, Antennas were stacked 11 elm cushcraft.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated