• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Free Predator 10K

Eastside

Apr 29, 2011
From CB Radio Magazine.....he reviews and tests various CB items and...he put a few of these items in the swapmeet forum as free items.....I seen that he had a Predator 10k listed and pm'ed him and said I'll take it....I did not have a mobile antenna accept some old junker magnet mounts that had hi swr.....and I wanted a Predator 10K.....unbelievable luck for me.....thanks CB Radio Magazine.(y)

I will need some help/suggestions on how to install it as my truck has a fiber glass cover over the bed.:confused:

A few pics:)

DSC_0001-14.jpg

DSC_0002-14.jpg

DSC_0003-14.jpg

DSC_0004-15.jpg

DSC_0005-13.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Good deal ...

I saw the offer but by the time I got back from work all the good stuff was gone. Whats that they say... A day late and a $ short. But after all the reading that I have recently done on antennas I think Ill be well pleased with my Sirio 5000 as you will be pleased with the 10K.

Again Congrats

Last edited:
Eastside, keep in mind when you do your install of the antenna that I had cut the whip fairly short during testing. If you can't get a good SWR in your mounting location with that whip you may need to get a replacement.

Have fun!

Reactions: 2 people
Eastside, keep in mind when you do your install of the antenna that I had cut the whip fairly short during testing. If you can't get a good SWR in your mounting location with that whip you may need to get a replacement.

Have fun!

Why did you have to cut it?

How long was it originally?

Have fun!

Even at that...giving away free goods was a generous offer and it was nice to see Eastside showing appreciation for the free 10K.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah....its a beauty. :)

I would like to know the length of the whip before he cut it....as I have a few laying around here that might work. :)

great find. being ya got a fiberglass cap. id mount it to the roof either with
a tram tri pad [my pick] or a roof mount. you will also need to get a shorter
shaft . as a 27 is too much on the roof.id get a 17 inch maybe a 22 but thats pushing it.
you may find that you,ll also need a longer whip now with the shorter coil

great find. being ya got a fiberglass cap. id mount it to the roof either with
a tram tri pad [my pick] or a roof mount. you will also need to get a shorter
shaft . as a 27 is too much on the roof.id get a 17 inch maybe a 22 but thats pushing it.
you may find that you,ll also need a longer whip now with the shorter coil

I was thinking about making a mount that would slide into the hitch.:)

Yeah.....a mag mount would be good.:)

Last edited:
What I have done on my last truck that had a cap mounted was to mount a 4" x 8" piece of stainless under the cap. It ran out the side of the box on the pass side. I then mounted a ball mount. It was bolt into the pocket hole with another piece of metal and a couple of large self tapping screws. Worked well for over 5 years.

What I have done on my last truck that had a cap mounted was to mount a 4" x 8" piece of stainless under the cap. It ran out the side of the box on the pass side. I then mounted a ball mount. It was bolt into the pocket hole with another piece of metal and a couple of large self tapping screws. Worked well for over 5 years.

Mine is one of those fiberglass lids that opens and closes.

I was thinking about making a mount that would slide into the hitch.:)

that imho would be the last place to mount an antenna. of any type . your whole antenna
would be blocked by the vehicle body and end result of that would be high swr
and most likely unusable.i have seen antennas mounted on the inner fender
but i think the 10k is too heavy for that.i still say mag mount on the roof

A free 10k is always good to go.

I had to cut about 3 inches off my wip. If you go to short a new wip is about 10 bucks. I have my 10k hard mounted on a Gunny626 puck. Google him. He makes them and also sells the coax needed for the mount. My SWR is perfect. Its a good strong rugged mount. I ran the tram tri mag mount on the 10k. It works well...until the first time it gets knocked off your truck.

Gunny626pucks is the only way i would run a 10k.

PS if you mount it on your bumper or trailer hitch, its going to get stolen.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.