1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

My friends make fun of me.....

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Thirsty, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Thirsty

Thirsty New amateur

:sad: My friends come over and laugh at me because i have a radio in my garage. I have enjoyed CB for many years, a guilty pleasure I guess.

[​IMG]

2. GLR

GLR Keeping It Good Natured

Why do you smoke?

3. Thirsty

Thirsty New amateur

Another "guilty pleasure" :sad:

4. KW4HKY

KW4HKY Active Member

Good rig ruined, but it's lungs, his business.

5. Thirsty

Thirsty New amateur

Whoa. why "another good rig ruined"? I bought this rig as it is and have not damaged it? Actually it is in really good shape.

6. GLR

GLR Keeping It Good Natured

Same reason I shoot heroin.

Carry on.

2 people like this.
  7. pro151

pro151 KB4RMA

Some people view a radio that has been exposed to smoke as ruined. (Not me)

#7 pro151, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  8. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

OMG I smoke cigars im doomed!!!!!!!:love::D

9. fortyfiver

fortyfiver Member

smoke damage?

Dang! I'll bet the hand helds in our Fire Department are all ruined and useless by now, and probably the ones in the trucks, too, right?

10. KW4HKY

KW4HKY Active Member

ruined for non smokers. the stench is unbearable.

11. WR0220

WR0220 Active Member

Nice rig. I wouldn't worry about what your friends find humor in. Enjoy it. (y)

Only because you want it to. The idea that something (after cleaned) that was owned by a smoker has a 'stench' is mostly psychological. A study was done on this subject a few years back and only 2% could detect an item was previously owned by a smoker. That 2% also happened to have an allergy to nicotine. It's amazing how peer and social pressure can manipulate the way one thinks and feels about certain subjects. :whistle:

1 person likes this.
  12. pro151

pro151 KB4RMA

:pop::pop::pop:

13. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

Then you would be well advised not to buy it, huh? Assuming of course, that it was for sale. You wouldn't want any of my radios either. But then they aren't for sale wither. Oh well...
    - 'Doc

1 person likes this.
  14. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

While others view a nice classic ham rig like that modded and retuned for 11m as ruined too.

FWIW I won't buy a radio from a smoker. They stink to high heaven and the circuit boards have a scum on them from the nicotine etc. Radios in a non-smoking environment do indeed have less problems in the long run. Smokers may deny it but they are just in denial.

15. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Sr. Member

Don't think they are making fun of you because of the radios in your garage...or the cigarettes....

Most likely they are picking on you because your probably the only person they know who drinks Corona in can's!:eek::bdh::D

Where do you get Corona in cans anyway? Never seen it....