• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My friends make fun of me.....

I find it kind of sad how we now live in a society where people are so concerned what others do in their life. I am old enough to remember days when people were not so interested or judgmental what others do or don't do.

I guess I am old fashioned because I couldn't care less if someone were blowing smoke from Habanos Cuban cigars on their radio 18 hrs a day. Their radio, they own it.

Not referring to any polite company on this forum just say society in general.

Agreed!! My point and perhaps that of others is, I don't want to buy a radio that stinks of smoke. If someone wants to sit all day and blow smoke into his radio, set his butts on top of the cabinet and burn the plastic trim, or take a hammer to it fine. It is HIS radio and he can do as he pleases HOWEVER if he were to offer it for sale I and many others would not even look sideways at it. It is that reason you will see many items listed as having come from a non-smoker or some mobile radios as listed as having never been mobile. We all know that mobile radios are subjected to more temperature extremes, shock and vibration, as well as possible exposure to salt.I dare say that mobile radios have a higher failure rate than base only radios. It's HIS radio and he can do as he pleases is fine but keep the consequences in mind if you ever want to sell it. There are the odd few that will buy a pile of shit but there are much more people that want something a little better.

Oh for Christ's sake man. How do you get that? I didn't say anything about someones breath. It's pretty much a fact that smokers tend to NOT smell cigarette smoke nearly as well as non-smokers because they are so used to it as well as having diminished sense of smell and taste. That's all I was saying and that is all that was intended. Stop trying to start something that does not have any basis.

EXACTLY!! Enough of this type of dialogue. Let's get back on track.
not trying to start anything ck.
im just trying to figure how you know what a skunk smells, to reason why your commentary (Skunks tend to not smell their own scent.)

oh btw i never said or implied that you said anything about his breath, it was a comparison , a metaphor if you can understand that concept?

Last edited:
It`s an old saying that apparently you have never heard "A skunk never smells his own ass." Ever been in a room when someone drops a silent but deadly fart and the first guy to ask who it was is the guilty party trying to avert suspicion? Now you know even if I don't know why I even felt I had to explain it to you.

As said before enough of this dialogue. Back to the topic at hand.

im just trying to figure how you know what a skunk smells, to reason why your commentary (Skunks tend to not smell their own scent.)

oh btw i never said or implied that you said anything about his breath, it was a comparison , a metaphor if you can understand that concept?

that post smells of cock

Oh is that what he means? I dont think so either in this case. There is a ceiling fan in the garage running all the time and there is a big open space here. Cigarettes may harm electronics if a smoker is in a closed non ventilated room and being chain smoked directly on but that is not the case here.
As a side note I only smoke when I drink beer, the days I work etc, I dont smoke at all.

That never goes away, does it?

After a few beers, I also want a smoke. No beer, no cig.

Back in the day some of my radios smelled like smoke and skunk at the same time. Can anyone figure out this riddle? (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.