• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My HF Setup...

ButtFuzz

Anti-BS Advocate ● WO0WOO ● Reverend Doctor
Aug 11, 2005
Sunny Salem, VA
robco.ath.cx
Here's my HF rig and accessories.

hf_rig_02.jpg

Icom IC-745. General Coverage RX/TX.

Buttfuzz, what's the daylight screen?

Looks like the HRD one, but a smaller screen.

Buttfuzz, what's the daylight screen?

Looks like the HRD one, but a smaller screen.

It's an OLD freeware program called EarthWatch, and at that time was a clone of the GeoChron clock/software. It was written back in the IBM EGA adapter days, and doesn't scale so well, but the price is certainly right...

Give it a look...

http://www.brothersoft.com/d.php?so...ersoft.com/home_education/science/inst401.zip

(then scroll down a bit and click on "click to download" if the file doesn't automatically start downloading, which it might not since I direct linked to it.)

If that link doesn't work, let me know... I'll send it to you via email.

Great looking station - wish mine was half that organized...lol. (y)

I hope you have a good anti-virus program. That site has 4 Computer Threats and 2 Identity Theft Threats:

I can provide a download from my home for this program if your Norton WebSafe is not happy... I think if you download the program itself, and scan the .zip you'll be fine. I wouldn't suggest trying to open or install any other program offered up... but you don't need norton to tell you that...

Last edited:
It's an OLD freeware program called EarthWatch, and at that time was a clone of the GeoChron clock/software. It was written back in the IBM EGA adapter days, and doesn't scale so well, but the price is certainly right...

What's the screen?

Looks like a small LCD.

Thanks for the tip.

What's the screen?

Looks like a small LCD.

Thanks for the tip.

It's one of those tiny acer netbooks. Acer Aspire One. It fits perfectly on top of just about any HF rig. It is one of the few toys I have purchased that I can say I've got my money's worth out of. I use it and take it everywhere, and my wife loves it, too. She can sit it on her lap and download TV programs... I can use it for the GeoChron and logging software.

A win-win situation, for once.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.