• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Junk, Shack and Shop

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
Thought I share some of my stuff with the group.
These are pics of my shack and my radio shop. Known to the locals as "The Radio Shop"
It is just a bunch of old junk, nothing special.
I enjoy experimenting on stuff and repairing radio ranging from ham to cb, marine, business band.
Just excuse the mess.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

(y) Wow, you have a little bit of everything in there. You need to replace those old computer CRT's with some LCD's though to free up some more space ;)

(y) Wow, you have a little bit of everything in there. You need to replace those old computer CRT's with some LCD's though to free up some more space ;)

A little bit yes. And more on the way...
I said I was going to replace those when they quite. That was two years ago, them things want die! I usually take what is in the house and move to the shop when I upgrade. Maybe soon.

BTW, there is another wall 22 foot long with shelves all the way down. From floor to ceiling. It is full also.

How about it mission control , you got a copy on this mud duck mobile ? looks like a lot of fun and money to me ! Man ! looks like I would need to go to the store and buy some more :LOL: You could tell your neighbors you work for NASA and they would believe ya ! ;) Right when you thought you saw everything ..........you see something else. Looks good dude. :)

How about it mission control , you got a copy on this mud duck mobile ? looks like a lot of fun and money to me ! Man ! looks like I would need to go to the store and buy some more :LOL: You could tell your neighbors you work for NASA and they would believe ya ! ;) Right when you thought you saw everything ..........you see something else. Looks good dude. :)

Rodger Switch Kit (insert nasa beeb)
Years of collecting. But gives me something to do when I am bored and the YL puts me in the dog house.:love:

As far as the money it is less that one would think. I have a few high dollars pieces here that I got at a fraction of the going price. My Tram D201 was once another fellows parts radio. I salvaged it before it was all gone. As the same with most of my equipment. My Yaesu 726's and my 736 was other folks problems. Bought them as tech specials and repaired them all. You could say I have less than the price in one used 726 in all 3 of them.

Most of the neighbors think I am trying to phone home. Specially when I fire up the oscar array and start pointing the them towards outer space:w00t:

After seeing the rest of it, I couldn't imagine it!

And since the original posting I have about 35 more pieces that has came in looking for a place to put them until I can get to them....all I needc is time.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.