• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Junk, Shack and Shop

could you give us a rundown of whats on that tower and what antennas are for what

Sure
Top of tower down.
2meter 70centimeter quagi. 16 feet long.
2 meter SSB beam
6 element 6 meter beam
10/15/20 meter rotatable dipole
2 meter ground plane
10/15/18/20/30/40/80 meter spoke dipole

Over the shop
2meter 440 ground planes
10 meter 4 element beam.
Hygain TH6DX tribander
144 mhz texas potatoe masher
430 mhz texas potatoe masher

Antron 99
Original starduster

On pole
144 mhz cross RHCP oscar antenna
430 mhz cross RHCP oscar antenna

Thats about it...

Very C(y)(y)L!!

Thanks

Thats about it it says :w00t: LMA:LOL:!!! Until his next antenna..... so what ya putting up next to tinker with or try out?

Thats about it it says :w00t: LMA:LOL:!!! Until his next antenna..... so what ya putting up next to tinker with or try out?

Taking everything down. :(

And reinstalling on new tower:love:

Getting to old and with knee problems makes it hard to climb up and down towers every time I want to try something new. Over the summer I poured a new pad in a different location. Will be able to let the tower down into the drive way with a flip of a switch.

This should take place over the winter months when it is a bit cooler.

In the mean time, working on a loop.

Well the shop has just gotton to small. Not enough room no more. Getting cramped when a bunch of folks show up and the noise drives me crazy. So doing a shop/ shack revamp. I have started construction on a new room. I am adding a 10 x 16 foot addition. So this should free up some space.

Moving the shack out of the room with entrance. Making that a display / waiting area. Will be putting in 3 seperate work benches. Installing a center room island for amplifier repair. This way I can walk around it instead of reaching over it. 3500 volts can kill!

Got the floor and ways up. Wanted to get the roof trusses up this week end but stuck at work all week end. And they are calling for snow!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.