• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MY LOOSECANNON MADISON HAS ARRIVED!

G GOLLY WAlly

WDX 719 / Waldo on AM
Mar 4, 2018
Sourh Eastern Oklahoma
First thing's first. Thank you again Loosecannon for your hard work and amazing job you did on my radio.
Now some before and after pictures.
20200813_203811.jpg

Before
20200225_190836.jpg

Notice the black electrical tape everywhere, it's even being used to hold the lights for the meter's. Like Loosecannon said this thing had been rode hard and put up wet, no telling how many hacks had been inside this radio, he definitely had his work cut out for him.
20200813_203906.jpg

After! The picture doesn't do it justice, he told me he considers what he does art, well believe me, THIS IS A PICASSO!
20200813_230238.jpg

No electrical tape! The channel 9 button now controls the dead key, low the light off is 2 watts, high light on 4 watts. Then on the inside is a knob where I can adjust the dead key to 1 watt if need be. It has I believe he said an amber lens over the frequency counter, and this thing is so quiet you can't hear a thing when turning the channel selector. Loosecannon is going to add some more pictures of the build for anyone interested. I may be bias but this has got to be one of the best Madison radio's anywhere, Loosecannon is the man!!
Almost forgot he also rebuilt the Turner Super Sidekick and matched it up to the radio.

Well he seems to of cleaned up the insides really well. Its a real neat and tidy picture you've got there Waldo. Best of luck when you are operating the radio and I wish you many years of enjoyment modulating through it with your Turner Super Sidekick and score many a QSO both Stateside and Worldwide.

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
Well he seems to of cleaned up the insides really well. Its a real neat and tidy picture you've got there Waldo. Best of luck when you are operating the radio and I wish you many years of enjoyment modulating through it with your Turner Super Sidekick and score many a QSO both Stateside and Worldwide.
Thank ya, I'm proud of it, it really turned out to be more than I expected the only problem now is I haven't scored any coaxial for the antenna the only one near me, (45 miles) can't get it until Monday and I have to leave out for work Monday so I've got a new toy and can't play with it. :(

I like that. What kind is it?
I don't know, Loosecannon would have to explain the details, the only reason I knew it was an 8 amp supply is he told me, I basically just told him to do whatever he thought was best and when it came time to pay, I would pay. Sorry I can't give anymore details but 99% of what he did is way above my head. I just pay to play.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.