• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My mobile antenna ehh configuration

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
Works great wacks all the damn parking garages and a few low bridges near me and oh yeah trees too. City of Stamford should pay me for trimming leaves off low branches. Just those antennas and a galaxy 95T and I do not know the exact distance between the two antennas but the Wilson is the one that's connected the 102 is grounded to the body does work though I put a field strength meter 8ft high on a ladder about 15ft infront of the car and it gets stronger off the front when you attach the 102" so I guess it's working. Talked good skip with it too. Won't take out any locals on AM but it gets out ok I suppose.
-222 CT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 31

That 102" whip is it on a magmount? If it is I take it you don't use it whilst on the move?

Don't both whips need to be the same height and also spaced at at certain length?? Have you checked your swr readings with that on there?? I am just curious.

If it works then good deal. It probably makes it more directional. Have you been around the car to see how much difference there is? Just curious.

Right, I know it will make it directional, that's why I asked. Wonder what it would look like on an mfj analyzer.

hqdefault.jpg

Why not go this route.

Or this..

DSC00093.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.