• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My New Gain Master arrived broken!

kb6led

Apr 11, 2009
I purchased a new gain master antenna from H&Y Electronics ebay auctions only to find when opened the box it had a problem, the box was in good shape so it could not have happened during shipping I have contacted H&Y and they told me they forwarded the photos to Sirio and are waiting for a response back from them. I guess we will see how good their customer support now. I was very disappointed when I found the problem I was already to put that thing up yesterday. I will keep everyone updated on how this turns out.

Attachments

• phpcgMV0aAM.jpg
    phpcgMV0aAM.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 183
  • phpuw5Q1HAM.jpg
    phpuw5Q1HAM.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 179

thats a pretty serious break there .looks like wire cutter action.of course since you bought thru h&y they warranty nothing .

good luck ,let us know how this turns out .

Yep look to have been cut to me to, if this got boxed like this from the factory, there quality control sucks. I will wait to see how H&Y deals with this before I file a claim with ebay/paypal.

pappy.gif
Hopefully, you paid via PayPal. The key is to make sure you document your messages - you are still in the driver's seat since you have pictures.

that sucks! hope they replace it as expensive as they are.

that looks like a pretty tough wire that takes quite a bit of pressure to cut through.

Yep look to have been cut to me to, if this got boxed like this from the factory, there quality control sucks. I will wait to see how H&Y deals with this before I file a claim with ebay/paypal.

Opps sorry for the double post.

Update: I just got an email from H&Y they said to send it back and they will send out another one and refund my shipping costs. Looks like I will have to wait a couple more weeks to get my new antenna, but least at this point they appear to be willing to taking care of business I will keep u all updated.

good news

that is great they are replacing it. they surely don't want to get a bad rap, cuz that antenna appears to be selling like pancakes.

Sorry to see that... bummer! I also own a gainmaster and my coax was slightly bent upon arrival. Sirio needs to place a foam or molded cardboard insert with a cutout in the end of the box to take the pressure off during shipping. Yours is much worst than that... I don't understand that one at all! That baby should never have been shipped! :confused: Best of luck! I think you will like the antenna when you get one up.

flatsideDX

the big success of this antenna creats heavy pressure on the factory hence they 'might' getting temp workers in who may be not all being that careful...

good thing you went thru ebay .had you bought direct from h&y at thier website or over the phone ,they warranty nothing and make you go thru the manufacturer for any claims .
but being you used ebay they need to protect thier feedback and thier seller id .
hope the next one is better for you .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.