• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new HR2600 & How To Do the RIT mod

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Just made my first DX contact on my new radio. I did the RIT mod and did a lot of alignment but she's working great. These are nice radios. I got a 5/9 signal report from a guy in MN from my 25w on my groundplane. I have to thank Rogerbird for all his help through emails to walk me through working on the radio.:)

Reactions: 1 person

I didn't realize that you had the equipment to do alignments and such? Can you give us some of the details on what procedures you used to do the work? I'm glad you got it going!

BTW, what mic are you using on this rig?

I just did a basic PLL alignment. It was off frequency. I used Rogerbird's instructions and when I ran into a problem He helped me out. I used a Hickok 380 Frequency counter. The counter has one BNC connection on the front. To do the freq alignment I took a coax and cut one end off. I then peeled back the shield and attached an alligator clip to it to make a ground lead. I used the center conductor for the Pos lead to read from the test points on the radio and make adjustments at the various adjustment points . I connected a BNC adapter to the coax end and connected it to the counter . Works really well . I then did the RIT mod according to Roger's instructions. There are 3 or 4 mods for the RIT and he guided me to which one I needed to do as the 2600 is different. I may send it to Roger later just to go over everything and adjust things I am unable to do . But so far I received a good signal and audio report. As far as the mic I am just using the stock mic.

HR2600 RIT MOD

The RIT mod is simple for the HR2600 .

Open the top cover .First locate the orange wire on the 5 wire connector toward the left center of the main board (Violet/Brown/Orange/Yellow/Blue) . Clip the wire. I left enough to be able to reconnect if needed. Next solder the orange wire to the jumper 13 (JV77) +8V constant . The wire jumper # is not printed on the board. It is a horizontal wire about an inch long that is flat to the board . ( See pic below for locations )

26001.jpg

Next, cut D43. ( located in the front right side of the board toward right front corner section )

26002.jpg

The next thing is to center the RIT. Turn the radio over and lift off the bottom cover being careful of the speaker wires.
Place the mode switch on AM and set the frequency to 28.000mhz. Place the RIT in the 12oclock position. Push the RIT button "in" .
Next connect your frequency counter to TP304.
Adjust L318 for 38.695Mhz .
adjustments2600.jpg

With the RIT pushed "in" the Tx and Rx will track together .

Here are the adjustment points for frequency alignments from Roger's site-

Connect a Frequency counter to TP306. Adjust L315 for 6.200Mhz Connect a Frequency counter to TP304. Adjust L318 for 38.695Mhz
Connect a frequency counter to TP2.
Set the Mode switch to USB, adjust L10 for 10.6975Mhz.
Set the Mode switch to LSB, adjust L9 for 10.6925Mhz
Set the Mode switch to CW, adjust L8 for 10.6950Mhz

Adjustment locations above are shown below. The board below is the top of the main board.
hr2600-Pcb4.gif

Diagram can be found at - http://vss.pl/mods/mods.php3-radio=uniden&model=hr2600&selectid=all.htm#2199

Great info, Ron.

I really like the 2510/Lincoln/2600 radios. I need to start bringing my Lincoln along with me for my little commute to work like I used to. With a Wilson 1000 magmount, Astatic 575 mic, and KLV-351p, I can do some pretty sweet DX when the band is up.

Thanks David ! It is really a nice radio. This is the first I have had and actually the first I have seen first hand. I did check on the Chipswitch but no one has any. Bill's 2way, the owner of the Chip, hasn't had any since April. I was interested in the mod as it gives the 2600 12m capability . It opens it up all the way to 24.800 which would give me the entire 12m band. But I'm happy as it is as I have been wanting to get a nice 10m mobile . And another plus is the 2600 has CTCSS encoding for 10m repeaters. At some point I hope to get the nerve to jump in on the NYC 29.620 repeater. :)

Thanks David ! It is really a nice radio. This is the first I have had and actually the first I have seen first hand. I did check on the Chipswitch but no one has any. Bill's 2way, the owner of the Chip, hasn't had any since April. I was interested in the mod as it gives the 2600 12m capability . It opens it up all the way to 24.800 which would give me the entire 12m band. But I'm happy as it is as I have been wanting to get a nice 10m mobile . And another plus is the 2600 has CTCSS encoding for 10m repeaters. At some point I hope to get the nerve to jump in on the NYC 29.620 repeater. :)

Did you try Doc/Tom in NY for Chipswitch?

I emailed him but he never got back to me. I got a reply from Rogerbird and Bob's CB. Both stated they cannot get them. Roger told me about Bill's2way being out of them since April.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.