• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My New Toy

Here is a gate were i was on SSB then went to AM..... I plan on getting my ticket so i can play all night long on the band...I got this rig to do SSB this cycle i will work all bands... Looking at the FlexRadio too i just might get one of them for the hell of it.... The FlexRadio FLEX-5000 looks like a nice radio i may try....

The Gate is 20 miles from me......I have to work on the SSB audio i am real close on the AM sound...

YouTube - 922 rolled a gate on me...SSB and AM

hey 4040 heard ya 12/31/10 on 385 lsb and 4050lsb
heard ya 1-1-11 on 40 lsb sounded great the utube dfidnt
give your radio sounds even better live on air then on utube. i shouted
a few gtimes at ya but band was just loaded so wave a hand to u now
454 keystone state wavingf a hand to ya 4040

hey 4040 heard ya 12/31/10 on 385 lsb and 4050lsb
heard ya 1-1-11 on 40 lsb sounded great the utube dfidnt
give your radio sounds even better live on air then on utube. i shouted
a few gtimes at ya but band was just loaded so wave a hand to u now
454 keystone state wavingf a hand to ya 4040

Ya the youtube don't sound as good as i hear it ether..... But if i hear ya out there i will give you a yell Man....I am picking up a new box this week and maybe you will hear me better.. Should put some good numbers out there and looking at a new Beam too so look out you think the haters are pumped up now look out....Mack and 74 will be Calling for Mommy ...lol

Ya the youtube don't sound as good as i hear it ether..... But if i hear ya out there i will give you a yell Man....I am picking up a new box this week and maybe you will hear me better.. Should put some good numbers out there and looking at a new Beam too so look out you think the haters are pumped up now look out....Mack and 74 will be Calling for Mommy ...lol

Have always out talked you 40 and that radio ain't gonna change that and remember you don't make friends with salad or with beans up your nose.:LOL:

Look forward to putting your lips in my back pocket again so you're gonna need this>
vaseline_with_aloe_vera.jpg

What, you coming to 14.070? No mommies there. Takes more than buying purty lights to get mail and some space on LOTW. Gotta actually be able to utilize some features that are presently beyond your reach, much less grasp. Nice toys don't make an op, not even an appliance op. Lot's of guys are doing real stuff with boatanchors and alot of skill. Give that a think and maybe a try, you might grow a bit, if you want. The other side of the world or maybe EME is out there for most any that want to try more than hear themselves talk. Well, maybe EME does that. Once you find out that the biggest competitor you can have is yourself, you'll be getting somewhere. My challenge in radio is constant self-improvement and conquest of new skills and obstacles. Nobody buying semi-fancy radios or amps can screw with that. Don't think I'm bothered by someone playing checkers when I am trying to learn three dimensional chess.:laugh:

Last edited:
The audio of that rig on AM as it was set at the time of the recording sounded very pinched which I notice is the case of most all forty's recordings.

You know what I mean, like he's got beans shoved up his nose?

thats cause hf rigs are designed more for ssb i really havent heard
too many hf sets sound good on am. only 1 thats a yeaseau 101 series.
i heard 4040 live on air on 38 and 40 lsb he sounded good .didnt have
that overmodulated tinny sound most cb/exports have.

thats cause hf rigs are designed more for ssb i really havent heard
too many hf sets sound good on am. only 1 thats a yeaseau 101 series.
i heard 4040 live on air on 38 and 40 lsb he sounded good .didnt have
that overmodulated tinny sound most cb/exports have.

I talk to 40 on AM and yes he does sound like he has beans in his nose which is most likely his normal voice which the radio accentuates so if he'd back off the mic gain a bit might correct.

And thanks for the technical explanation as to how HF rigs work and my HF rig sound quite good in AM mode as most all radios sound good on my HF rig in AM mode due to the fact that it has a wide band AM filter as all cb radio receivers have,(6 to 8 hz) wide but if I disengage the filter then it's a whole new ball game.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.